“A bit too hip...”

Ranked #37 of 198 Hotels in Santiago
Washington, DC
“A bit too hip...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Spent three nights here... Great location and super friendly staff, but the layout and style of the lobby and rooms are a bit convoluted. Upon arrival, the main lobby and reception is actually 4 floors up. A different bank of elevators takes you from the lobby to the rooms, which (with the plentiful mirrors in the lobby) is constantly confusing. The decor is rather "busy," the lobby music loud, and the halls and rooms very dark. If you're in the mood to stay in a nightclub setting, you won't mind as much.

The room itself was quiet, clean, and the bed incredibly comfortable. The bathtub and rain shower were also great. However, if you're looking for a relaxing, comfortable atmosphere, you might want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
WSantiago, Guest Relations Manager at W Santiago, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Hello dc1610

I would like to start by thanking you for writting your comments about your expericne at W Santiago.

We thank you greatly for your feedback concerning the facilities we provide as well as for the friendly staff. Your comments are very important to us.

We hope to see you again for another W Experience.

Best Wishes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Turkish first
san diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

This was my first trip to Santiago Chile. It was helpful to check in to a hotel with English speaking employees. Very nice and elegant hotel. My only concern was the shower in my room. I had a corner room and the shower has a floor to ceiling window. I had to ask for extra towels to cover the room because I can see local neighbors watching me as I showered. Other then that, the rooms are very comfortable and clean. There are many restaurants nearby to enjoy. I walked around and felt very safe.

Room Tip: Make sure your room has a balcony. Mine did not, and I could tell the rooms with a balcony were much...
Hello Ontheroadsales,

We thank you greatly for sharing your feedback at TripAdvisor.

We are happy to know that you had a great time at our property and that you felt safe in this area. We thank you for your feedback concerning our English speaking staff as well as for the details concerning the room.

We hope to see you again in Santiago!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel puts you exactly where you want to be in Santiago--with easy access by Metro to the entire region. The facilities--the gym, the common spaces, the rooms, the restaurants--are all first rate. The staff is still learning, but incredibly friendly and eager to help. I'll be back.

• Stayed May 2013
Hello Grober3

I want to start by thanking you for taking your time to write your comments about your experience at W Santiago.

We are surely happy to know you had a great time at our property.

See you soon for another wonderful time at W Santiago.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

quite an original set up. the lobby floor plan (on the 4th) is not exactly evident, finding the elevator bank for example can result a little confusing. Other than that the bar on the top floor is trendy, the staff helpful and the location quite good if you are on business. The business centre is another weird feature. you will have to go to the 2nd basement level to find it..... Rooms are too dark for my liking, but they are clean and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
WSantiago, Public Relations Manager at W Santiago, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Hello SGB59

I want to thank you for taking your time in writting your comments.It is ver important for W Santiago to have the feedback of our guest. We really want to thank you for your comments about your experience at W Santiago.

Bergen, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

I had 24-hours at the W Santiago in the summertime 2012. The service was exellent, and I was treated as a king. I have never seen such marvelous interiour at any hotel. The bar and the swimmingpool at the top of the hotel was rally special. I will recommend to try tvist hotel, If you visit Santiago.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
WSantiago, Guest Relations Manager at W Santiago, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Hello Lars B,

Thank you for sharing your experience at W Santiago. We are happy to know you had a wonderful stay with us.

We hope to see you soon again for another W Santiago time.

Santiago, Chile
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was in a conference room in the 3rd level underground with clients of my company. We used the same conference room a year ago and it's completely worn out a year later. These conference rooms need urgent maintenance including walls and carpets.

2 Thank Andres C
Hello Andres C

Greetings from W Santiago!

Along with greeting you I would like to thank you for sharing your comments concerning W Santiago. Comments concerning our hotel are always important to us in order to improve as a hotel. For this reason we would like to inform you that maintenance work are being done in the conference rooms in order to improve our product quality.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

The bartender Mike at W upstairs beach bar was the best part of my trip. He was personable, remembered my name and my drink of choice days later. He made me feel at home on the road. I've never written a review but the service I received from Mike was exceptional and deserves recognition. Promote this man! I'll be back if no other reason to see Mike.

Mike thank you!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
WSantiago, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at W Santiago, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Hello Conrad121

Thank you so much for your nice comments concerning one of our Talent memebers.

We are happy to know he made a difference in your time with us.

Hope to see you once again for another W experience.