“lovely place to stay in santiago”
Review of Casa Provence

Casa Provence
Ranked #38 of 157 Santiago B&B and Inns
“lovely place to stay in santiago”
Reviewed August 27, 2011

we spent 4 nights here and it wasn´t long enough! the hostal is set in a beautiful converted house and provided the perfect base for our stay in santiago. the owners were super helpful - the chattiest, loveliest people you could hope to meet. they organised a great all-inclusive skiing day trip (which we highly recommend), ordered numerous taxis for us, and generally helped us with our every need. breakfast was plentiful and the communal dining area was great for meeting fellow travelers. the area of providencia is a great neighbourhood with restaurants and cafes not far from romandia. it was a great choice for us!

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank daveandrol

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bora Bora
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Very helpful people, comfortable beds, enjoyed the breakfast... felt like going to a friend's home!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank sandpitrun
Frankfurt
Reviewed March 5, 2010

Im staying in Hostal Romandia for 3 month now. It is a beautiful hostal, great location, nice area here in providencia and the owners of the hostal are very very friendly and helpful people.
Last weekend the earthquake in santiago was a big shock for me because I never experienced something like that before.
But I was surprised when I left the house two days later to go downtown. I havent seen any destroyed or damaged buldings and the city just didnt looked like an earthquake had taken place.
Eventhough many tourists cancel their trip to Chile, friends from Germany will come to visit me. The highways to the coast arent damaged, nor any streets in the city and even the airport works normal again so that we have the possibility to travel.
I also saw many tourists in the center of the city behaving as if nothing happened and enjoying their vacations in Santiago.
So if you planned a trip to Chile and Santiago dont be afraid of the bad news and horrible pictures you see in tv. Its something horrible that happened last week, but people try to go back to normal life.
So enjoy Santiago, because its worth visiting =)

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank lenitaFrankfurt
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed August 11, 2009

My two friends and I stayed at this hostel for a few days in July. It was the nicest hostel we stayed in during our travels. Very clean, good breakfast with a nice variety, accomodating staff. It's on a safe, quiet street near the Italian Embassy. The bus picks up a few blocks away with easy access to the Metro. I'd happily recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank fromAL
Cardiff
Reviewed July 31, 2009

This place is a fantastic choice in Santiago. My girlfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights and loved it, it was the perfect place for us. The house is very modern, comfortable and tranquil. The staff are extremely nice and accommodating.

The beds are fantastic, extremely comfortable with big fluffy pillows, the downside being that we couldn´t get out of bed in the mornings! This was not a problem though as cheerful Alicia was prepared to serve breakfast at anytime of the day for us, she´s an absolute gem!
We should add that the breakfast is great (you get far more choice than the usual bread and jam offered in most B & Bs).

We would definitely recommend this place to people who are looking for a great value, quiet and comfortable stay in santiago. People who like to party should stay elsewhere.

Hostel Romandia was a perfect end to our 6 months of travelling around Latin America. Top marks!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RichieCaz
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 23, 2009

Housed in a beautifully decorated mansion in a quite area this was by far the best accommodation during my two months in South America. I only booked initially for a couple of nights but loved it so much that I returned and stayed longer.

Located in a safe and quite area surrounded by great restaurants and services the house is immaculately clean with gorgeous rooms and modern bathrooms. Free high speed Internet is provided and a great breakfast is served every morning. Comfortable and spacious common areas are provided and make great places to kick back in and meet new people.

The best part of my stay however were the warm and welcoming hosts and staff who went out of their way to make me feel at home and comfortable, helping me with my thousands of questions and requests and even taking care of me when I fell ill. A wonderful experience and I would highly recommend to anyone staying in the beautiful city of Santiago.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank namis1
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 17, 2009

The hostal Romandia is bright and beautiful. So are its owners Valeria and Cecilia. It's truly a home in the city.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends