“Fantastic ceviche and other seafood”
Review of La Mar

La Mar
Ranked #63 of 5,685 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: Seafood, Peruvian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vitacura
Reviewed December 28, 2017

La Mar was recommended by my hotel's concierge, and it was really excellent. I tried their famous ceviche (they have a several options) and another dish and it all tasted great. It was a very fun and busy restaurant. I enjoyed trying to decipher the menu, which was generally way over my limited Spanish vocabulary, and I managed to figure out several good options of dishes.

Date of visit: November 2017
Write a ReviewReviews (1,684)

Reviewed December 17, 2017 via mobile

We had read great reviews and were excited to try this spot. It’s a fun little place and was packed in a good way. But the food feels almost like the Cheesecake Factory for fish. It’s not that it’s bad, it’s that the portions are too big, the selection is complicated and all very overdone with sauces etc. I wouldn’t go here again.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed December 11, 2017

They call it a Peruvian cervicheria but it is way more! A colorful interior and great service add to the ambiance. The portions are generally large but each one was incredible. Fresh fish of all kinds served fresh in a variety of styles. The Japanese influence is definitely felt in their approach to their seafood and ceviches.Cabs were plentiful outside despite previous reviews! Highly recommended and be adventurous!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed December 4, 2017

Was lucky to get a seat on the upstairs covered patio during a wonderfully cool evening.

Restaurant was bustling on a Thursday evening with delicious aromas, a strong wine list (for me at least), and enjoyable people-watching in this affluent neighborhood provided a nice scene for one of my favorite meals during my Santiago trip.

I love carmenere and I love ceviche so had to go for both and the atmosphere and quality on display at this restaurant made one feel like an appropriate time to 'blow it out' with a nice bottle and the ceviche tasting course

Let me just say the ceviche was outstanding - so fresh, great flavors and even some nice spice to bring it all home! I am glad I waited to order a main because I was perfectly full after the ceviche and sat on the patio sipping the rest of my wine...so comfortable I could've fallen asleep had I been in a hammock!

Attentive service and happy to provide suggestions for both food and drink. Would definitely go back again!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed December 1, 2017 via mobile

I’ve been here quite a few times now and every time thoroughly enjoy the experience. The pisco sours and ceviche are incredible!! Will be back with every trip that I am lucky enough to have to Chile!

Date of visit: October 2017