“My new favorite place”

Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vitacura
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

I had a very important dinner with customers. I had La Mar recommended to me. My customer heard good things - so we booked it.

It was great.

The food was fantastic. The service was very attentive and quick to support. The overall evening was a great success.

I would highly recommend this place.
I will return often.

There are newer reviews for La Mar

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I am serious. We went to Nobu in London two weeks ago- it was outstanding. la mar was up there and the Pisco sour unreal- very strong! We had a combination of ceviche , tiraditos and rices and fabulous lamb. It was outstanding, served in a casual , friendly and cool atmosphere. The best restaurant in Santiago

2  Thank tomnNW4
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Overall we had a great experience. La Mar is a great restaurant and the menu can be enjoyed in many different ways (appetizers, traditional mais courses and even sushi). Go visit while in Santiago.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

LA MAR is a world famous restaurant by celebrity chef Gastón Acurio. Originally founded in Lima, it has by now expanded to the to San Francisco, New York, Sao Paulo and Santiago.
I LOVE this place weather in Santiago, Lima, or anywhere. The quality is about as best you can find. The pirces in Santiago are of course higher than in Lima but service, flavour and quality remain as good. BRAVO !! This trendy spot has a casual-cool lively atmosphere (loud latin musisc) - best for lunch but also good choice for casual dinner with friends.
My favourite courses are the ones with barbequed octopus in them (oh yes!!) but you can´t go wrong here. Be brave, Try new things. you won´t regret it !!
and for dessert you will never go wrong with the "Picarones in Miel de Higo". SIMPLY DELICIOUS ! and above all, you MUST have at least one "Pisco Sour" cocktail. It´s the peruvian way after all ! ENJOY ! (ner - be sure to make a reservation, this place is ALWAS packed.)

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The place was full of energy, casual and elegant, and one of the local favorites. Wonderful staffs and terrific service. So many types of ceviche dishes and thay were all great; and you must try them all. Yes, we had 4 types of fish for our main course, they were all also fantastic. By the way, they had English menu for us; and our server spoke good English.