“quite good food, waiters not too firendly, prices ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hua Li

Hua Li
Ranked #3,382 of 4,534 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: Chinese
Neighborhood: Centro Histórico
Neighborhood: Centro Histórico
Vienna, Austria
“quite good food, waiters not too firendly, prices ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2008

The restaurant is located in the street "Teatinos" some hundred meters away from the Metro station "Santa Ana". You should make sure that you don´t pass by because from the outside it is easy to miss it. It is just a normal house entrance with a neon-sign that is not turned on during the day.
I had lunch in Hua-Li two times in Juli and August 2008, during my stay in Santiago. The first time together with a japanese girl I knew from my language school. When we entered the restaurant we greeted the woman at the reception with "Ni hao" (mandarin for: "Hello") because it was obvious that she had chinese origin and we thought it is nice to do that. So maybe because of that she thought, that the japanese girl was chinese. When we told her that she was from Tokyo, I think she was a lttle confused. She said: "But Tokyo is not in China"
The food was quite good, but although I asked for something "fried" ("frito" in spanish) they did´nt bring me fried meat,... but it tasted good as well. The food came pretty fast, but the waitress was not to friendly. Her face seemed like frozen.
One week later I had been there again, because I liked the food and wanted to taste something different,... so I tried to order fried meat again. I wanted the same food like one week earlier, BUT with fried meat. I think I said that at least two times very clearly (in spanish),... and the waitress was chilean and not chinese, so there couln´nt have been a misunderstanding. Well, the food she brought was NOT fried. I thought it is useless to discuss that with her... and the food was good anyway.
When I left the restaurant I wanted to chat a little with the chinese woman at the reception about China, because I had been there half a year earlier. But although she hadn´t much to do, and there had been about 4 people in the restaurant she wanted to get rid of me and just said bye... I personally won´t go there again. The food is good, but I did´nt like the unfriendly people there. The prices are ok, but I think for the same money you can get better service.