“Favorite part of the trip!”
Review of La Bicicleta Verde

Santiago Local Life and Markets Bike Tour
Ranked #2 of 117 Food & Drink in Santiago
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Recommended by CNN + NYTimes + Travel & Leisure + Rolling Stone + Lonely Planet + Fodor's + Frommer's & Rough Guides. La Bicicleta Verde believes Santiago should be seen the way the locals see it, not on a big touristy city bus. Walking, Bike and Wine Tours: You decide which tour you want, open 365 days out of the year. 100% satisfaction guaranteed. 100% refund policy on 48 hour cancelations on daily tours.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I were recently on a short trip to Chile, 36 hours to be exact. The concierge recommended this bike tour and we thought it was a great way to see the city. FABULOUS!!! We did the 3 hour afternoon trip, with a delicious and charming ice cream stop added in. Our tour guide, Martin, was knowledgable, humurous, and kept the tour very interesting...even for a non-tourish person like myself. We saw so many beauitful things and the ride was like a slow stroll, soaking up every minute of the gorgeous weather. The guide was very aware of traffic and our group and kept me feeling safe, even while riding with traffic through the streets. We saw many historical places and learned so much history from our 23 year old guide! I feel like this was a great way to get a taste of the city and hear about the culture! I would highly recommend this to anyone visiting the city!!

1  Thank Ashley L
There are newer reviews for La Bicicleta Verde

Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I took the Parks and Politics tour. Our guide was wonderful - spoke English very well and was very knowledgeable, friendly, and interesting to listen to. Bikes and helmets were in good condition. We were the only people in our group, which made it a great value - ended up with essentially a private tour at a group price. The ice cream we stopped for was delicious. We also appreciated the cold bottle of water. Really good tour. I definitely would recommend it.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

this was one of the best tours. thanks to all the guys there....i also met some really nice travelers who were doing the tour too. If I go back to chile, that i doubt because I did not really liked it, I would do this again.

2  Thank alex m
Reviewed January 15, 2013

The office of the tourcompany is in the corner of Loreto, just after passing the bridge from Bellas Artes and was easy to find. We recieved a bottle of cold water and a helmet.
The helmets strap was broken and we all had to tie a knot to be able to get the helmet to stay on. On the tour we did not do so much biking, we stopped a lot. On one of the stops we walked with our bikes through the central market, which was an adventure. The two tourguides were very nice and knew a lot of fun facts and helped everyone a lot during the tour. On the way back to the office we had to ride our backs on the streets, using a whole lane. Which was fun but kind of dangerous at times. But the tourguides were very aware of everything, stopped trafic and did everything they could to prevent accidents. It was a fun tour (if you like adventure and a bit of danger), could have been better. I felt that we stopped to look at restaurants more than actual historical places or places worth visiting.

expat-in-chile-2004, Owner at La Bicicleta Verde, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear Lax,
I am sorry your experience was less than satisfactory. We have always had a 100% satisfaction guaranteed policy with all of our tours. Please contact us directly and I promise to refund you the full tour fee immediately. Thank you for your honest feedback.
Peter

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I came to Santiago earlier this week with a group of my peers, and we decided to take LBV's afternoon tour. When we first decided to take the tour, we thought it would be mainly sightseeing, with a tour guide glossing over major landmarks. However, the tour was much more detailed and comprehensive than our original prognosis. Our tour guide Jose Miguel stopped us every 10 to 15 minutes to tell us all about the history of the country of Chile, explained the significance of local landmarks, and really taught us so many things about the country and the city that we could not have learned in a text book. I cannot recommend this tour enough, as my whole group had a blast, and the three hours passed by extremely quickly. They even have a few surprises for you, but I'll let you figure those out on your own.

1  Thank Mark P