“Excellent combination of food and service”

Ristorante Da Carla
Ranked #128 of 4,946 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vitacura
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Ok, this may not be the cheapest restaurant in town but the menu with so many (good) options and impecable service makes me want to return to this restaurant next time I'm in Santiago. If you like classy italian food, this is an excellent choice.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is simply an outstanding restaurant whether your base for comparison is London or Sydney or elsewhere. A fine relaxed outdoor scene on a very smart street – there’s a Rolls Royce car salerooms a couple of blocks away. I had a tomato soup that tasted like a gazpacho, with crab and avocado piled in the centre – fabulous. I then had a squid risotto with conger eel that was exquisite. My wife and I shared a fabulous desert.
The waiters helped us find the dishes that suited us best, something few restaurants can do. For instance I like unusual dishes and the waiters helped me find the squid risotto.
Interestingly we had a problem with a pinot we ordered. They were actually out of stock and suggested a substitution. I tried it and it was not off but had an unusual taste for a Pinot, not usually grounds for rejection. They readily accepted my verdict and replaced the wine with another which thankfully was good. This just illustrates how far they go to make sure you have a good experience.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Excellent food and wine. Flawless dining in an outdoor atmosphere that was very relaxing. Very busy place in an upscale part of town. A good choice for a dinner with friends.

1  Thank LRF17
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Ristorante Da Carla is a very nice Italian restaurant in Santiago. The atmosphere, service, and especially the food was excellent. I would recommend this restaurant for couples, friends, and for business. The spaghetti a la vongole was very good. The Tiramisu was excellent. I can definitely recommend this restaurant and will return.

1  Thank SDBLima
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Very pleasant and peaceful place with tasty dishes and well trained stuff. It isn't easy to find a good restaurant in Santiago that wouldn't be crowded and noisy, so this one is just what you need.
You can have a table late at night (we arrived at 10 pm, and then I saw people arriving at 11:10 pm, and they were served).
At my first visit our order was taken but an hour later(!) the waiter told us that they didn't have fish we had ordered(((. So we were offered a substitution, which wasn't actually worse, but not what we exactly wanted. Finally, the bill was with discount as an excuse for improper service, and this benefits the restaurant.

The dishes I've had (fish, risotto with truffles) were really tasty! Tiramisu was traditionally nice, but chestnut cake didn't impress me at all.
Anyway, this is a cute place and I will gladly visit it again.