“Tasty food, good value ”
Review of Eladio

Eladio
Ranked #240 of 4,773 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: Chilean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

While vacationing in Santiago, we enjoyed dinner at Eladio. The food was tasty. Between the family we ordered a large salad with a yummy ginger dressing, a delicious shrimp appetizer without garlic, French fries, and a well prepared, large, perfect boneless ribeye. We also ordered a bottle of red wine, 2 bottles of water, and 2 desserts. All this came to around $60 USD before tip. The service was not particularly friendly or attentive, but was adequate. The decor was not much but they did have live musicians and the place felt homey. The mote con huesillo was not as good as at the roadside stands but the cake was decent. We actually liked the dinners so much that we planned to go back a second night on our vacation but the schedule never worked out. I would definitely recommend.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Who can say it's the best but a very good steak, service, ambience, price, wine, Pesco Sours, all in all just great, highly recommended, and not just steaks there. But it's something that the place does very well. Great waiter who served us, I think you might call 'old school' but all the better fro that.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Ok, perhaps I've been in Asia too long eating green curries and noodles. This is my first 'meat experience' in South America and I could hardly believe my eyes. One of the best and biggest steaks I've ever eaten and for a price of an average burger in Australia. I Don't speak a word of Spanish and the waiters were very patient with me. Again, I couldn't believe the quality of the wine for little over 7,000 clp. If I lived in Santiago I would eat myself into an early grave by eating here every night.

Can't recommend enough. Loved the old school vibe.

1  Thank Nathan W
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We asked for a great steak in Santiago...the hotel directed us to OX but said we wouldn't be able to get a reservation immediately....we asked for the best local experience and we were told to try Eladio....we were so happy that we did. The restaurant on Pio Nono was full on a Saturday afternoon, we barely detected any other 'tourists'. The meal was excellent, the steaks cooked to perfection. Service was amazing, attentive and gracious. Prices are beyond fair and the quality was excellent. We actually ended up driving back from Viña del Mar early so that we could eat there one last time before flying out of Chile....and again, the experience was excellent.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Been there a couple of times. Always good service, and steaks were excellent. Reasonable prices for a nice restaurant.