“Quiet Location, Good Pizza”
Review of Cafe Del Patio

Cafe Del Patio
Ranked #1,910 of 4,566 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Quiet Location, Good Pizza”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Quiet, nicely decorated restaurant with outdoor patio, I ordered the media thin-crust pizza, which was a large portion and tasty. Was going to order the wok vegetables but it was a pricey $14.00 USD for just vegetables! The service was very slow, I waited FOR EVER for my bill and finally asked another waitress, then I waited a longer time for it to arrive at the table. Not recommended if you're in a hurry or on a budget.

• Visited March 2014

British Columbia, Canada
“Excellent lunch place for vegeterian and seafood, loved the atmosphere.”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I wasn't sure what to order, so let the friendly & charming staff choose my drinks and food. I was given a wonderful lemon cocktail from the bar and a fresh curry prawn stir fry. It was fresh, fragrant and delicious! I loved the older building this cafe was in, the interior was dark and cozy, red walls and heavy wooden furniture. It was winter so I sat inside, but there is a lovely patio out front for warmer days. When I return to Santiago, I'm certainly coming here for lunch again!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Genevieve M
San Francisco, California
“Amaaaazing!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I don't know what you wouldn't like about this place? I really wonder why the other reviewers gave it only 4 stars.

Anyway .. This place is amaaazing! My wife and I, newlyweds, vegetarians, from India, ate here 2 nights in a row. We were craving some good vegetarian food (and not just bread, pasta, pizza) and this was really good. They have a huge menu - sandwiches, nachos, pastas, pizzas, soups, everything! There were so many things we wanted to try! Everything we did try was perfectly done. Moreover, this place is surrounded by other bars and eateries thus giving an excellent 'feel' to the ambience. It has both an outside and inside area and they also have amazing drinks.

I'm just not the best reviewer of food places, but go to this place - you will not regret it.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Raghav H
tiverton devon uk
“likeable veggy restaurant”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

excellent food, great staff and service in a quiet, off the sidewalk location

Visited March 2012
“Hidden Gem In Santiago”
Reviewed August 11, 2010

Read about this place in Lonely Planet. Deserved the good review that it carries. We are meat eaters, so going to a vegetarian eatery was not automatic for us. However, the food was great, especially the soups and the thin crust pizza. Also super cheap. A bit hidden in a pocket of shops off the main drag, and rather eclectic layout, including a patio. Short on fancy, long on charm.

On heads up. This is a real Chilean place, not targeted toward tourists. Employees were all young, free spirits (do I dare say hippie types?). However, we were graciously hosted, and felt very welcome. If you want a real Santiago experience, don't let first impressions turn you off, you're bravery will be rewarded. The staff speaks very little English. Our translation software really came in handy.