“If in Santiago, you must go here…I will return”
Review of Blue Jar

Blue Jar
Ranked #222 of 4,642 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: Chilean, International
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro Histórico
Phoenix, Arizona
“If in Santiago, you must go here…I will return”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

What a fantastic experience! We ate a late lunch and I was a bit disappointed that the daily special was sold out. That was my only disappointment. Fantastic food treats! The owner took us English-only speakers under her wing and guided us through the menu. It's down near the Presidential Palace and we will definitely return when in Santiago.

• Visited November 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Delicious food!”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

My friend and I walked in off the street without knowing anything about this place. We sat at the bar, as the entire restaurant seemed to have been reserved. The food was excellent: great taste, great presentation.

• Visited November 2013
London, England
“A British run restaurant in Santiago. Excellent!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Being in Chile on business from the UK for just a couple of days I went with some government officials for a quick lunch at Blue Jar as it was recommended by one of our local colleagues.

Imagine my surprise to be greeted by an English lady running the restarant! The menu then revealed innovative Chilean food but also some cheeky British dishes such as sausage rolls with tomato ketchup.

I have to admit I skipped the British items and went for snapper which was absolutely outstanding. One of my colleagues had the steak with french fries which looked great. We finished it off with proper coffee (more difficult to get in Santiago than you might imagine) and mint tea made with fresh mint leaves. We were given some complimentary pastries/tarts to go with the coffee which was a really nice touch.

Fast, friendly, innovative, tasty and not expensive. The magic combination.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank tree888
Santiago, Chile
“Real Coffee, not the Nescafé b*ll$h*t”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you're looking to have a REAL espresso or latte or cappuccino then this is the place for you!
I didn't try the food due to its insane prices for a cafeteria. I can't comment on that, but I can sure comment on their amazing coffee!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Gentileza
Santiago
“Keeps getting better!!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The best lunch in downtown Santiago and good for breakfast too. The best curry I´ve had in southamerica.

• Visited June 2013