“Great location”

Ranked #70 of 478 Specialty Lodging in Santiago
Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina
“Great location”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Location of this hostel is really great - it's on the main square in Santiago. Stuff is also very good although not everyone speaks English but they are friendly and helpfull. There are rooms with shared and private toilet, although showers are all shared. Hostel has great balcony with perfect view, there is WiFi, travel guide books and pamphlets about what to do in Santiago, Valparaiso and Vina del Mar which is very useful!

The only thing that was problem is cold. We were there in winter and it was really cold in hostel, but bed sheets are really warm so no problem during the sleep.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Korean first
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have never had such a poor experience in a hostel and I have used hostels extensively in South America and Europe. It is so bad that I am compelled to write this at 1;45 am because I cannot sleep because the quiet hours are not observed or respected. When I went to ask the front desk staff for help with the rowdy guests screaming on the patio, they were nowhere to be found. Turns out they were screaming on the patio too. Wonder if the owners know they are paying their staff to do that?

Also, there is thick mold on the ladies shower´air vent. It makes my skin crawl just thinking about it. Would leave this minute if I could find the staff and ask for a refund.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Jessica H

Travelers are raving about these Santiago hotels

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Great views of the plaza and city. The balconies on the top floor are a good place to site, relax, play music etc, but unfortunately left us with bed bug bits track up our arms. We were there when it was not very busy, so it was quite, however bed bugs mean I would never go back there!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank trav0101
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 9, 2013

While the hostel is nicely located, there are undoubtedly bedbugs here, as evidenced by the two fine specimens I found in my mattress. Sadly, when staff was notified, it appeared that they were aware of the problem which suggests a complacency in dealing with it. Other than the bugs, the hostel is of average quality at best, with somewhat shabby facilities. So, if location really matters, and you don't mind being a blood donor, stay here. Otherwise, stay away.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank lorin73
Rosemount, Minnesota
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have traveled to,30 countries and this is the worst, my husband a I read your reviews and went to the hostal, the walls were so gross, bugs everywhere , bath tub gross, noise, people smoking outside of our room . I decided to ask for my money back and we left to the panamericano hotel 5 blocks away and we pay 20 more dollars and million times better

Room Tip: If you are a couple don't go there
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ciburg
Port Angeles, Washington
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This hostel was great until I tried to fall asleep.... bed bugs everywhere. I was fine to nap during the day while they were not out. I can´t wait to be in my own tent in Patagonia. It was a very long day of traveling from the USA and I very much needed a good night of sleep. It was a terrible way to start my trip in Chile.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank RachelNationalPark
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stayed there for 2 nights, got a private room instead of a shared dorms. Worst idea ever.

The room was an old run down apartment 2 floors down wifi was a no go on the room.

The hostel area was really nice, I wish I stayed in the shared dorms on the main floor. they had a great breakfast (included) and view of the "plaza de armas"

There are a LOT of retail stores and small malls to shop arround. lot of public transport and places to eat arround the hostel.

Room Tip: Avoid the private rooms on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo