“Good paella”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Chicago, Illinois
“Good paella”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Good food. Service also good. Called our transport for us when meal was over. Very little English spoken but they had English menu. We had paella and it was very good. Sit in the front.

Visited November 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
“Some Jewels in the Menu”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Yesterday I had again a great Meal at Cocina de Javier, the Calamares en su tinta, was out of this world and although we usually go for the paella, anything we ordered was very good. being from the bask country, the owner "javier" stopped by the table and took care of us.
If you go there, order a good Carmenere red wine and make sure you order only 2 paella for 4 people...Croquetas de jamon and Pernil are some of my other favorites on the menu.

• Visited August 2012
Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food Poison, and the WORSE Customer Service buy the Owner”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I went for a dinner there, i had dinner with my dad and siter(we were visiting family in Chile) I got food poison and i contact them.. asking for what i thougth was fair...The refund of my dinner ONLY. Isabel Pascual owner called me ... telling me was IMPOSSIBLE that happened to me in her restaurant and as well been really rude telling me that i was looking for having food for free...
Then tyhe manager call me to apologise but was to late and he didn't called again for the refund... I called the health departament in Chile to check the restaurant.
If you want nice spanish food go to Spain, and in Chile are plenty of other type of restaurant to go instead of this one.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Clo A
BRASILIA
“Smart location, good Spanish-inspired food”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I have been to Javier´s on a number of occasions. My most recent meal (lunch) was last month (April). Frankly, I do not understand what certain others on this site have to complain about. I have tried various dishes, including the simple Spanish tortilla, "gambas al ajillo", etc. All very good (I never try paella in any place outside Valencia: it is usually disappointing. So avoid it here.) The service has always been attentive. The place is always packed with smart local people: not all of them can be totally misguided!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank John P
santiago, chile
“my favourite Spanish restaurant”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I´ve been going there for many years. It´s like being in Spain- the menu- the owner- the atmosphere. The food is excellenet and very reasonably priced. There is a huge variety to choose from; it´s relaxed but not too much; it´s great for families; it´s been going for years and still gets full most evenings, so there must be a good reason for that bearing in mind the fierce competition in the surrounding area