Jardin Botanico de la Universidad Austral de Chile
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“A must!”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Undoubtedly, one of the beautiful places in Valdivia. Just stroll around enjoying this extraordinary botanical garden. Together with a trip on boat to the rivers and the Food Fair in Niebla, I would say one can live happily ever after!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank JG M

Bainbridge Island, Washington
193 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 865 helpful votes
“Pleasant gardens for strolling”
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

We arrived with three bus loads of a tour group and enjoyed our stroll through this well maintained arboretum. A large section of native regional trees was impressive. There were no signs in English but we had good local tour guides.

World Traveler
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“A pretty decent botanical garden”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I spent an hour or more walking around the Botanical Garden on the University of Austral De Chile. I visited the garden on a Saturday afternoon, just walking over the river bridge from Valdivia to the university campus, about a 15 minute walk. There were few people around, but the one person I asked directions from pointed me in the right direction (near the medical school and right off the river).

Much of the garden is given over to pastoral expanses. It was a good place for a picnic. I visited in early spring and many flowering plants were bursting forth with their blooms. There was no admission fee. The one disappointment was how few identifying signs there were for the many plants found in the garden. It was not clear to me that any docent led tours were available so I left knowing not much more about the plants I saw than when I arrived but I still enjoyed the visit.

Santiago, Chile
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“A beautiful, quiet hideaway”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I didn't expect to find such a big, quiet park in the middel of a university. Would love to go back on a warm, sunny day, but even in the rain it was worth the trip.
A taxi from downtown only cost $1,000 pesos and there are lots of buses to take you back and forth.

Haifa, Israel
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Beautiful, good place for a picnic”
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful park with lots of trees from many kinds.
Went in the afternoon with a friend. Great for a couple hours walk or just to sit and relax.
The park is closed at night.

Visited April 2013