“Great Place”

Hotel Dreams Valdivia
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Valdivia
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed here on the 28th of March, family of four, two small kids. Cost about $200 per night. Great hotel, truly world class, very modern including the rooms. Did not hear any noise from the city. Locations is excellent, about two blocks from plaza and fish market. Great balcony views from room, pick river view. Breakfast was great on the 12th floor with excellent views of the city. Pool looked great, too bad we got there late and had to leave early, we will stay here next time we come. Service and staff were very good. Did not visit the casino.

Room Tip: Check in early and relax in the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Enjoyed my stay here. Big room with a large balcony overlooking the river and the town. Very picturesque. Staff were helpful. Great breakfast, Good parking. I would ask for a river view if you are staying here. Laundromat down the street.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The hotel has a very nice indoors heated pool, sauna, a wonderful buffet for lunch at a very good price (compared with the restaurants around, which are expensive and not that good), the staff is attentive and friendly and as a guest you get free tickets for the Casino at the level floor (if you're not a guest, you have to pay about 6 dollars to enter). Rooms, furniture and bathrooms are well maintained, modern and comfortable. Nice place to stay for a weekend, resting and --if you want to-- gambling and then having a drink at the 12th floor bar, with a beautiful view of the river and surroundings.

The rooms with a river view are bigger, but they are kind of noisy specially in the summer and at night, because you are right at the Costanera with street musicians, an open market, drunk backpackers wandering around, a lot of traffic, etc. The rooms at the other side of the hotel are quieter, but smaller, with a city view, no terrace and very hot in the morning, if it gets hot in Valdivia, which is not very often, I'm afraid. The Casino is kind of small, please don't expect Las Vegas or anything closer.

And for some reason, they don't believe in air conditioning: it was always at the minimum, even when outside was 35ºC!! My theory is that Valdivia it is a rainy and cold city, with a short summer, and they assume that you are happy too, enjoying the few really sunny and warm days.

Room Tip: rooms with a river view are nicer, but noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank frauna
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I spent one night at this beautiful hotel in this beautiful city on our way to Puerto Varas. I hadn't visited Valdivia for a long time so I was happily surprised to see what a beautiful place it is.
The hotel looks the Calle Calle , so the view is amazing.
Check in was fine, our room was big, nicely decorated, the view was extraordinary and the bed was very comfortable.
The balcony was really big and the views
We got there at around 13:00, the people at front desk were very nice and provided us with maps of the city and some of the attractions as well as with directions.
We took the city tour, went for appetizers to Haussmann Restaurant to have "crudos" and to Kuntsmann restaurant for lunch, both of them very good choices!!!
We took a nice walk by the Calle Calle and went back to the hotel to rest for a while.
I decided to take a shower and, in this beautiful 5 star hotel, they didn't have shower caps. Fortunately, I had taken mine so I didn't have to ask for one, but they should pay attention to these things. Attention to details tells a good hotel from an excellent one.
One more thing. They have light saving devices down the halls and they don't work so well. When we left our room at night , we had to walk a little, like 10 steps, before there was some light. It could be dangerous!!!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2012

It is one of the best hotel that I have already been (and I've a long list of other in the past). An excellent room, bed, shower, breakfast, silent & comfort at extreme.
I'll come back ever. Congratulations

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 18, 2012

This hotel has it all -clean, new, modern and a good location. The rooms are large and very comfortable. The balcony is huge and I had a great view of the river and market area. Some of my collegues complained that they had trouble getting hot water in their showers, but I didn't have that problem. The breakfast buffet is pretty good and the view from the 12th floor bar/breakfast room is stunning. I would have liked to have had a coffee maker and an iron in the room but that is my only complaint. A chair on the balcony would be a nice touch as well. aff were professional, friendly and helpful Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank salmonpg
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for 6 days and I would like to stay the whole month.I felt like at home,very safe,comfortable,people very helpful and friendly. The view from the room are out of this world. Bathroom is like another bathroom in size and so cozy. Food was very good,breakfast is self-service,but you have to call someone to refill coffee several times.

I live in Florida,USA. I'll plan a honeymoon to Valdivia and I'll stay at Dreams again.
Thank you Ivan Castro ,you and the girls at front desk are the best!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business