Hotel Dreams Valdivia
Albergue Latino(Valdivia)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
1,028 results
All reviewssky bartop floorthe riverlocal restaurantsfish marketa river view roomgreat showerviews are fantasticsea lionschillijuicewithin walking distancecomfortable roomsfive starhotel is locatedexcellent hotelgreat breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 18, 2012

This hotel has it all -clean, new, modern and a good location. The rooms are large and very comfortable. The balcony is huge and I had a great view of the river and market area. Some of my collegues complained that they had trouble getting hot water in their showers, but I didn't have that problem. The breakfast buffet is pretty good and the view from the 12th floor bar/breakfast room is stunning. I would have liked to have had a coffee maker and an iron in the room but that is my only complaint. A chair on the balcony would be a nice touch as well. aff were professional, friendly and helpful Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank salmonpg
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for 6 days and I would like to stay the whole month.I felt like at home,very safe,comfortable,people very helpful and friendly. The view from the room are out of this world. Bathroom is like another bathroom in size and so cozy. Food was very good,breakfast is self-service,but you have to call someone to refill coffee several times.

I live in Florida,USA. I'll plan a honeymoon to Valdivia and I'll stay at Dreams again.
Thank you Ivan Castro ,you and the girls at front desk are the best!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank australforever
Reviewed February 21, 2012

The hotel is very well located, by the Calle Calle river and within a walking distance to the market. The view from the hotel is superb, and unforgettable.
What we liked the most were the spa, the breakfasts and the location. The spa is very complete, with a nice indoor swimming pool, a hot tub, two saunas for gents and two for women. The breakfasts were great, with all kind of food. They serve omelettes, scrambled eggs, pastrie, different sort of bread, etc.
What we didn't like very much was the cleaning up of the room. It was done up daily in a rush, and usually the bed had a couple of wrinkles inside.
All in all, it was a great experience and indeed we think the hotel is good value, and the best option in Valdivia.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2012

The hotel is located on the river "Calle Calle" and walking distance to the local market which is an eye opener great food and lots of seafood.You are within walking distance from all thinks touristy River Market Artesan shopping and the local restaurants.
The hotel itself magnificent and from what I have been told loosely modelled on the hotel sails in Dubai ,the room we had was HUUGE ben hur proportions , the bed itself was grand , I am not a light fellow but I could have rolled over 3 times in the bed and still not come close to my petite wife ....ok ok so I might be exagerating but still it was great to be able to sleep in such a spacious bed and absolutely enjoy the space of these two rooms living and bedroom and then 2 toilets and a shower that could cater for 4 at once .
I LOVED this hotel and recommend that anyone going to Valdivia stay here.We originally were going to a traditional (Hospedaje) house with a room for rent , but after a bad reception of one of these places I decided , nah stuff it and we are staying someplace classy, and DREAMS was it!! Great choice and not a single regret in staying there.If you can stay on the 11th floor if you are not scared of tremors that is LOL the views are fantastic
The hotel breakfast included in the rate, and the food was yummy , had second helpings all along .
The Wifi was fast , great when you want to upload fotos on the web or FB.
The bar/club in the hotel was a ton of fun and hotel guests get in for free without waiting in the line. I asked the waiter for a Kahlua and Milk ...he said what is that , he had Kahlua but did not know how to prepare it , this was great as I gave him the directions and he did so , came back with a great drink and I think they may have named it the Vladmeister LOL, what I wanted to say is that the staff were great and at no time were we treated with disrespect.
Will be staying at this hotel again , and they even made reservations for me at the next port of call Puerto Varas at the Cumbres de Patagonia.

Room Tip: Ask for the view to the river and floor 11
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I LOVED this hotel and recommend that anyone going to Valdivia stay here. The hotel is very well located on the river and has easy access to the market. The hotel itself is beautiful and the rooms are very well appointed with modern furnishings. The balconies are very spacious and have great views of the river and the market.

The hotel breakfast was the best of all the hotels we stayed on this trip and is included in the rate. The Wifi was fast and easy to connect to throughout the hotel.

The bar/club in the hotel was a ton of fun and hotel guests get in for free without waiting in the line. Also, hotel guests get free admission to the casino which is a nice perk.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a river balcony for great views
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family