“I love Kunstmann!”

La Cerveceria Kunstmann
Ranked #5 of 193 Restaurants in Valdivia
Cuisines: German, Brew Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

I am a big fan of the Torobayo, which is impossible to get where I live so I drink plenty of it while I'm in Chile. Going to the cerveceria was like making a beer pilgrimage. The unfiltered Torobayo is only available here and it is never bottled. The gift shop is cute and the good is fine.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,709)

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed sampling the beer and a couple of their new apps, particularly the one with the ham/bacon with grilled onions on flat bread. The meatballs were disappointing. It is very touristy, but who cares? The rubias are my favorite beers there, but I'm not a huge beer fan. Worth the trip. Expect a wait.

2  Thank jinmansw
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We have been to the brewery before and have experienced their below average food so now we only come for the beer. The beer on tap is great... if you can manage to get someone to wait on you in a timely manner. Once you do get a waiter, their attitude is so mediocre and their sense of urgency to get back to you before you turn 100 and die of thirst is over the top.

If you decide to get a beer just order the grande. A chico turns out to be roughly 200-300 pesos cheaper and the value is better on the grande. With that said... enjoy the beer.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

The Bluebery Beer and Ice-cream where very nice, go up and get taster's from the bar before you select your beer. Not sure about the cruedo ( raw beef ) I think it is a bit of an acquired taste, but I was hungry so I ate it all.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We don't generally drink beer, but I figured "this is the decendent of the brewery that made Valdivia, so they probably have good food at a reasonable price." Not so, really. The service was spotty to perfunctory, the beer was good (Kunstmann Bock), and the food was just acceptable. Not particularly good or cheap. To quote another review: "Meh".