“Chile Relaxing Vacation”

Termas Puyehue Wellness & Spa Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Puyehue
“Chile Relaxing Vacation”
Reviewed June 2, 2011

We visited the all inclusive Termas Puyehue Hotel & Spa last year and we enjoyed ourselves sooo much. The place is great it has everything you need to enjoy a great relaxing vacation time, spa, mountains rivers, great view, nature’s beauty surrounding you all the time, boat rides, horseback riding, tennis, activities for everyone and relaxing spa treatments to ease your body after a full day hiking or swimming.

We enjoyed the spa treatments, especially the facial treatment and the deep tissue massage, I love them, and in fact I remember them fondly!!!

The rooms were clean and spacious and had everything we needed to rest and have a good time. The thermal waters delicious we were looking forward to getting into them and weren’t disappointed at all, they have sauna and what seemed a great kids club if you want to travel with small kids. We saw the kids have fun and enjoy the activities.

The staff was friendly and helpful, but the waiters could be more attentive, they have to be called and called because they are not looking after your needs. But the food in the restaurants was really good and we loved the all inclusive plan. Chilean food is so tasty and they have all kinds of flavors for US palates.

We went on the summer but they seem to have great activities for the winter season that in the states is the summer.

The Puyehue park was named biosphere reserve by UNESCO a name it very much deserves so our recommendation for you is to take the tour the hotel offers to arrange for you.

The Chilean wines are famous for their great taste and flavor, we got to taste some of them and they were really good so we brought some home with us!!!

• Stayed December 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Greek first
California
Reviewed August 17, 2010

I went there with the idea of being close to the ski slopes of Antillanca. I drove there with a private driver from the fabulous Antumalal Hotel in Pucon. First disappointment was that, after I had fully checked in, they would not let me invite my driver for coffee and a snack after the 3 hour drive. The said he was not allowed into the hotel since he was not a registered guest. Even though there were only a few rooms occupied, I was given a room looking out the back of the hotel. The long hallway was not even heated. It was freezing cold. I paid close to $ 300 for full board. Only if I had purchased the next higher room category, would I have received a pair of slippers for the spa (as stated on the rate sheet). There were no paper tissues in the bathroom either. Being a spa hotel you would expect warm water for the shower. This was clearly not the case. I found the staff to be very apathetic and inflexible. When I asked about a transfer to Antillance I was told that the hotel needed 24 hour notice to arrange for a vehicle. When I insisted that this was the reason I came to the termas they told me that the road to the ski center was dangerous and not manageable by a standard cab at this time of the year. Only when I asked to talk to the GM, I got some action going. They organized a vehicle by phone and I was off to the mountain in less than 30 minutes. The road was clear of ice and snow. There clearly was no danger whatsoever. Overall this hotel is very poorly run. The staff is totally without motivation. Furthermore, the PCs for guest useage are extremely slow.
The place itself is beautiful. The food and service is a far cry from the comparable properties of the Hotel Portillo or the Grand Hotel Termas de Chillan.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
6 Thank BHSCalifornia
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed December 17, 2009

We actually stayed in Puerto Varas but one day rented a car and bought the day pass here. It was about $90 for both of us but we swam for hours in the pools and ate a big lunch from their buffet. The services was very good, so I can imagine if we had stayed here, we would have enjoyed it.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BigEasyMadeMeFoodie
Houston
Reviewed January 27, 2009

My father and I had an excellent experience staying here. The grounds and hotel are amazing. Our room had a wonderful view of the lake in the distance and had a balcony. It was a step up from the standard room The grounds were amazing. The food was very good and everything was included. including wine, if you like I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. We did have dinner at the Italian restaurant at the hotel and it was not that great. I would stick with the buffet. That is my only complaint. The thermas were great, beautiful building. The resort is very private. I hiked one of the senderas at the hotel and it was great. Excellent view. The hotel is close to the park also. Did some excellent day hikes there to stunning waterfalls.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank TexHouston
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 16, 2009

I have been to Termas de Puyehue Spa some 8 to 9 times during the past years. This is, definitively, a wonder. Either on your own or with your family, this is a great place to stay at. In fact, if you need time "on your own" this is THE place!!

However, by December 2008 they became "All inclusive", which did not improved the experience. First, of course, it's more expensive, but the real bad point is that the quality of their food decreased a lot. The cusine of Puyehue was AWSOME!! Now it is very good, but not awsome anymore :-( The service is also a bit weaker, which is a pity, since they were fantastic, warm and always ready to help you.

Despite this, Hotel Puyehue is a MUST. The place is so quiet and beutiful. Yes, at times the pool might be a bit crowded, but there are many other options for you to enjoy: canopy, horse riding, just walking, tennis, the lake (ask them to take you to the "Refugio del lago", it is part of the hotel, but it is not very popular. It is a wonderful place, the lake is a beauty).

I read a review of saying the pool close too early (at 8:00 pm). Yes, it could be longer, but it is open from 8:00 am and believe me: I am Chilean, by 11:00 PM there is NO sunlight in Chile!!! In Summer, by 21:30 it's already dark. If you visit Puyehue in Winter (you should!! It's an incredible experience!!!), by 6:30 or 19:00 it would be dark.

I love this place and I do hope I will visit them this February again. Yes, the services used to be better... I hope this time it will be first class again :-)

• Liked — Beds and bathroom are great
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Pao_PCR
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed April 26, 2008

Nice hot spring pools and grounds. Horrible service.

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Termas de Puyehue in February 2008 after trekking for 5 days through Torres del Paine park. It was a welcome rest after all the hiking, and the hot spring pools and grounds were very nice.

The service provided by the resort was lacking, however. The hotel is very large and the atmosphere felt like being on a poorly run cruise ship. The meals were all-inclusive buffet, but it was difficult to find a waiter who would take your drink order. The pools also closed early -- 7 or 8 pm -- even though it was light until 11 pm at that time of year.

The main reason I cannot give this hotel a good review is the extremely poor customer service and fraudulent billing that occurred at checkout. I booked our stay on the hotel's website in November 2007 and paid the full amount in advance (the charge appeared on my November billing statement). I was thus surprised when at checkout, there was no record of my payment. I waited over half an hour to speak to a manager (with a flight to Buenos Aires to catch!) and the manager still could find no record of my payment. I ultimately was forced to pay the charge to leave in time to catch my flight. When I returned home, I was pleased to see that the hotel had not charged my credit card a second time -- I figured the hotel found my earlier payment. Thus, I was shocked when a charge by the hotel for all four nights appeared on my April billing statement. Of course, I have disputed the charge with my credit card company, but who wants to end a vacation knowing that they will have to spend an afternoon dealing with this once they get home? The lesson that I take from this is to avoid booking any hotels in Chile online if they require payment in advance.

• Liked — Thermal pools
  • Disliked — Customer service
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Pghcritter
Puerto Montt
Reviewed February 20, 2008

Very nice Hotel, Termas and Spa!!

This is an old hotel but was rebuilt several times...
Now It has new and old part, so if you go, make sure you take right room, but this is secundary deal because the first are the pools or termas. Just must feel becouse it dificult to describe....
The service it wish the best, but I think it because hotel is so big (with pools, spa and activities) and the communication is weak by distance. But the best point is that hotel with all temas (cover and open) is very accessible! Also you will have a lot of thins to do inside and outside!

• Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puyehue
Centro de Ski Antillanca
Las Juntas Ecolodge
Las Juntas Ecolodge
#2 of 5 in Puyehue
Cabanas, Hostal Restaurante La Valenciana

Been to Termas Puyehue Wellness & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!