“Pretty cozy and charming place offering good food”
Review of Travesia Azul Restaurante - CLOSED

Travesia Azul Restaurante
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We mention that the restaurant is only open in the evenings from 18:30 hrs. You could make the reservations to cel. phone that you can find in the page.In addition, open from Monday to Saturday. Sundays will be CLOSED.
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The restaurant was small but very well-organized and attractive. The plate I had, the grilled salmon, had a good presentation and I really enjoyed it. Highly recommended for everyone.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I went there twice. The first time was great; the salmon & mango tartar was to die for, and the crab gratin dish was very nice but too heavy as a main for me. The second time, I ordered something with different kinds of prawns. The prawns were not perfectly cooked and didn't taste fresh. I will still recommend it though as 2/3 were very good!
Oh and service was good but could be a bit slow at times.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

The interior of the place made me think of many restaurants at the Italian Adria I have visited in my childhood and I am still not sure whether I really liked it where as my husband liked it a lot.

We started with a Pisco Sour which was nice, but not overwhelming. It tasted more like a Mojito (without mint) or a Caipirinha.

We loved our seafood dishes. Normally seafood in Chile is of very good quality, but always prepared in the the way. Here, we got something different. I had a Mango and salmon tartar and really liked it and my husband was very pleased with his jaiba. The main dishes were even better. I had a delicious "caldillo de congrio" with an amazing spicy aftertaste of green chili and my husband had the "risotto con mariscos". According to him it was one of the best seafood risotto he has eaten so far. The waiter was nice and recommended an excellent wine to go with the fish. They had a little problem to figure out the right bill (they were confused, they did NOT try to cheat), but in the end they were successful and everybody was happy!

Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Touristours's guide Eduardo recommended Travesia Azul as a place dedicated to outstanding seafood. And he was right, we enjoyed the food a lot! We tried the native Congrio (Kingclip) and we were not disappointed.

We were warned that the sauce we chose to go with the fish would be spicy (There were 5 different options). And it was spicy indeed... Only choose it if you like it hot...

The prices are steep, hence I can feel with other reviewers that moan about poor value for money. I would still recommend the place but be prepared to bring deep pockets...

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Recommended by the tour guide it didn't disappoint! Attentive service from the beginning and high quality cooking. Open kitchen added to the experience as the staff clearly enjoyed what they were doing. In a quiet side alley off the main square.
We broke our normal holiday rules and went there twice on consecutive nights.

1  Thank Roger L
TravesiAzul, Owner at Travesia Azul Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Good afternoon.

I thank your comments on TripAdvisor.

Thank you very much! To us it is very important. Besides knowing you have enjoyed our food.

We are new to them, I mean everything from a restaurant. And little by little we will improve in everything we needed.

If they return to Puerto Varas, feel free to visit us.

Best regards,