“Very good seafood”
Review of Travesia Azul Restaurante - CLOSED

Travesia Azul Restaurante
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We mention that the restaurant is only open in the evenings from 18:30 hrs. You could make the reservations to cel. phone that you can find in the page.In addition, open from Monday to Saturday. Sundays will be CLOSED.
Santiago, Chile
“Very good seafood”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The interior of the place made me think of many restaurants at the Italian Adria I have visited in my childhood and I am still not sure whether I really liked it where as my husband liked it a lot.

We started with a Pisco Sour which was nice, but not overwhelming. It tasted more like a Mojito (without mint) or a Caipirinha.

We loved our seafood dishes. Normally seafood in Chile is of very good quality, but always prepared in the the way. Here, we got something different. I had a Mango and salmon tartar and really liked it and my husband was very pleased with his jaiba. The main dishes were even better. I had a delicious "caldillo de congrio" with an amazing spicy aftertaste of green chili and my husband had the "risotto con mariscos". According to him it was one of the best seafood risotto he has eaten so far. The waiter was nice and recommended an excellent wine to go with the fish. They had a little problem to figure out the right bill (they were confused, they did NOT try to cheat), but in the end they were successful and everybody was happy!

• Visited March 2013

Zurich, Switzerland
“Very tasty seafood”
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Touristours's guide Eduardo recommended Travesia Azul as a place dedicated to outstanding seafood. And he was right, we enjoyed the food a lot! We tried the native Congrio (Kingclip) and we were not disappointed.

We were warned that the sauce we chose to go with the fish would be spicy (There were 5 different options). And it was spicy indeed... Only choose it if you like it hot...

The prices are steep, hence I can feel with other reviewers that moan about poor value for money. I would still recommend the place but be prepared to bring deep pockets...

“So good we went there twice!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Recommended by the tour guide it didn't disappoint! Attentive service from the beginning and high quality cooking. Open kitchen added to the experience as the staff clearly enjoyed what they were doing. In a quiet side alley off the main square.
We broke our normal holiday rules and went there twice on consecutive nights.

1 Thank Roger L
TravesiAzul, Owner at Travesia Azul Restaurante, responded to this review, February 22, 2013

I thank your comments on TripAdvisor.

Thank you very much! To us it is very important. Besides knowing you have enjoyed our food.

We are new to them, I mean everything from a restaurant. And little by little we will improve in everything we needed.

Campina Grande
“Nice food.”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We went in this place twice and we loved the food. The owner is brazilian too and the waiter is nice. We really recomended it.

Sussex
“Quirky, great food”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This tiny, quirkily decorated restaurant gave us a great fish meal on our first night in Puerto Varas. Staff were really friendly and helpful. It wasn't expensive. Excellent wine.

• Visited January 2013