“So good we went there twice!”
Review of Travesia Azul Restaurante - CLOSED

Travesia Azul Restaurante
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We mention that the restaurant is only open in the evenings from 18:30 hrs. You could make the reservations to cel. phone that you can find in the page.In addition, open from Monday to Saturday. Sundays will be CLOSED.
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Recommended by the tour guide it didn't disappoint! Attentive service from the beginning and high quality cooking. Open kitchen added to the experience as the staff clearly enjoyed what they were doing. In a quiet side alley off the main square.
We broke our normal holiday rules and went there twice on consecutive nights.

1  Thank Roger L
TravesiAzul, Owner at Travesia Azul Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

I thank your comments on TripAdvisor.

Thank you very much! To us it is very important. Besides knowing you have enjoyed our food.

We are new to them, I mean everything from a restaurant. And little by little we will improve in everything we needed.

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We went in this place twice and we loved the food. The owner is brazilian too and the waiter is nice. We really recomended it.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This tiny, quirkily decorated restaurant gave us a great fish meal on our first night in Puerto Varas. Staff were really friendly and helpful. It wasn't expensive. Excellent wine.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

The food was good but not great. It was expensive and therefore not the best value. The service was slow in that it took quite a while to get and settle my bill despite there being only 2 or 3 other parties. I wish I had gone to Miraolas instead.

Good afternoon.

Sorry for your appreciation for us.

We are a new restaurant, we are growing to be better, and thanks to your feedback we can see our mistakes and evaluate and around a bit.

We use good products and treat every guest can enjoy our flavors. Unfortunately, it was not necessary, and above all the attention you I apologize.

Maybe, if I ever return to Puerto Varas, give us a second chance.

Anyway, thank you very much. So, little by little, we grow.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Hours after writing my initial "poor" review, I was contacted by the restaurant owner, who was in the hospital recovering from a surgery. In somewhat of a comedy of errors, the head waiter, head chef, and owner were all absent the same night of our dining experience. She was profusely apologetic to me, admitting to a "black evening", and insisted we try her restaurant again. Second try; salmon starter was fantastic, fish mains for both me and my wife again fantastic, and the service was also fantastic. Now I see how this restaurant got so many great reviews. I highly recommend visitors to Puerto Varas to visit Travesia Azul and enjoy a very pleasant and delicious dining experience.