“Quirky, great food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travesia Azul Restaurante - CLOSED

Travesia Azul Restaurante
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: We mention that the restaurant is only open in the evenings from 18:30 hrs. You could make the reservations to cel. phone that you can find in the page.In addition, open from Monday to Saturday. Sundays will be CLOSED.
Sussex
“Quirky, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

This tiny, quirkily decorated restaurant gave us a great fish meal on our first night in Puerto Varas. Staff were really friendly and helpful. It wasn't expensive. Excellent wine.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TravesiAzul, Owner at Travesia Azul Restaurante, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Good afternoon.

I thank your comments on TripAdvisor.

Thank you very much! To us it is very important. Besides knowing you have enjoyed our food.

We are new to them, I mean everything from a restaurant. And little by little we will improve in everything we needed.

If they return to Puerto Varas, feel free to visit us.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Expensive and over-rated in my opinion”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

The food was good but not great. It was expensive and therefore not the best value. The service was slow in that it took quite a while to get and settle my bill despite there being only 2 or 3 other parties. I wish I had gone to Miraolas instead.

Visited January 2013
Good afternoon.

Sorry for your appreciation for us.

We are a new restaurant, we are growing to be better, and thanks to your feedback we can see our mistakes and evaluate and around a bit.

We use good products and treat every guest can enjoy our flavors. Unfortunately, it was not necessary, and above all the attention you I apologize.

Maybe, if I ever return to Puerto Varas, give us a second chance.

Anyway, thank you very much. So, little by little, we grow.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“2nd time a charm!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

Hours after writing my initial "poor" review, I was contacted by the restaurant owner, who was in the hospital recovering from a surgery. In somewhat of a comedy of errors, the head waiter, head chef, and owner were all absent the same night of our dining experience. She was profusely apologetic to me, admitting to a "black evening", and insisted we try her restaurant again. Second try; salmon starter was fantastic, fish mains for both me and my wife again fantastic, and the service was also fantastic. Now I see how this restaurant got so many great reviews. I highly recommend visitors to Puerto Varas to visit Travesia Azul and enjoy a very pleasant and delicious dining experience.

• Visited December 2012
Good afternoon.

I thank your comments on TripAdvisor.

If they return to Puerto Varas, feel free to visit us.

Judith Chaperon
“Delicious, Feel Like Home.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

The food in the restaurant is delicious. My family and I went for dinner and we returned to our hotel feeling like we were in Mexico (we are from Mexico). We ate the best seafood in Chile. Highly recomended. The decoration is so fun and it feels like home.

Santiago, Chile
“Excellent seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

This smallish restaurant has original decoration and unpretentiously furnished. The reception is very cordial. The fish I had was prepared to perfection. If there were such a restaurant near where I live, I'd go regularly. That is to say: recommended.

• Visited November 2012