“Nice food, good quality and prices!”

Cassis Chocolates & Cafe
Ranked #3 of 8 Dessert in Puerto Varas
Cuisines: Chilean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

I went there with my family for a quick dinner. The restaurant always looked busy so we thought it should be worth trying.
The menu is full of options, I recommend a sandwich called "Chileno"

Portions are huge!!
One improvement area: drinks were not cold, and the waiter didn't offer any ice.

Overall good experience and I recommend this place.

1  Thank LuisTT
Write a ReviewReviews (2,173)

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Beware ordering the Chiloe.. My husband and I travel all over and like to try different foods. I like ceviche, so I saw an item on the menu labeled, it listed salmon cerbiche, among other thing. I thought it was just labeling all the ingredients in it, written Spanish. The waitor said it was enough for two people. I figured we would share it with the others in the group. He was wrong, it could feed three or four people. It was not just salmon cerbiche. It had FOUR bacon wrapped filets of meat eachwith two to three shrimp kabobs in them, small serving bowl of fish bites in a scalloped cheese sauce, a bowl of smoked salmon, a bowl go great quacolmole (real not the fake green junk), small amount of home made fries, warm assorted breads and bread sticks, and the salmon cerbiche. All great !!!!!

I wanted to have the chocolate of chocolates dessert before this arrived. Did not happen :)

Enjoy

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Even though I rated the food as "average" it was still good. But the view totally eclipsed it.
We sat on the upstairs patio ... which has a very nice harbor overlook. With a view like that, all food tastes better.
They also have a "sweet shop" downstairs with all sorts of pastries and sweets as well as a broad spectrum of ice creams.
Service was slow when we were there but the place was PACKED! Great weather has a tendency to do that ....

1  Thank help32250
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Cassis is an great café Puerto Vargas. It has both a downstairs restaurant and an upstairs patio and small inside eating area all with a beautiful view of the lake. As it was cold, we sat upstairs inside on two different occasions for a light lunch. We tried two different small plates here—the salmon ceviche and fried seafood that included squid, scallops, octopus. The second time we had it we asked that they did not include octopus. The service was outstanding and the prices were reasonable.. We had the house sauvignon blanc which also was nice. We don’t eat dessert, but they make their own and it looks very good. We would strongly recommend this café.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Unable to speak Spanish,waiter found other staff who had a little English, very helpful and patient with us until between us we ordered dinner. Dinner was great and plentiful and reasonably priced. Nothing was too much trouble for them, well done staff.