“Terrible experience”
Review of Casa Lan-Antu

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puerto Varas
Casa Lan-Antu
Ranked #27 of 39 Puerto Varas B&B and Inns
Valparaiso, Chile
“Terrible experience”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I booked to stay 5 nights. The night I arrived, it was really hard to find the entrance. Just when checking in, I found out that there was no tv in the room, apparently because this is a "place for rest".
The room looked NOTHING like the one i had seen in the website. The style, aesthetics and appeareance of the elements and the room itself were not those of an "old style, well-maintained house".
There were only two lamps by the bed, and one was not working.
You can actually hear EVERYTHING that happens in the adjoining rooms, and when I say "everything", I mean EVERYTHING (people showering, peeing, talking, walking, etc). It has a lot of restrictions: YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO EAT ANYTHING in your room. If you are startving and want to have a snack, well, you are not allowed -starve to death.
But this is not the worst part. I forcedly woke up in the morning to a lot of noise coming from people getting up in the other rooms and walking in the hall, and most importantly TO A LEAK FALLING IN MY BED, next to my head, coming from the shower (hopefuly, yet disgusting) of some other passenger in the second floor, and another one falling in my purse and shoes.

When I reported this and said I was leaving immediately, they didn't even apologize. They charged me almost the whole fee. WAY OVERPRICED! Later I found out that one of the fanciest hotels in town costed the same. Had i known earlier...

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel. It is really not what you expect.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Melbourne
Reviewed March 21, 2012

extremely quiet and cosy- good value for money. Great location, 1 minute walk to the supermarket, a few minutes walk to the main bus station, close to the restaurants, easy stroll to the lake. Would stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Ulm, Germany
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I really don't know why this place should be "isolated" as it's just ca. 50m up the hill from the city center of Puerto Varas - also don't be confused by the low prices: the luxury of this B&B isn't in its faciliites but the originally restored German settler's rooms. Most have a private bathroom with shower or tub.

Yes the breakfast is very limited as everywhere in Chile and the contact persons don't understand any english - however we managed that they called our taxi driver in Santiago to arrange a pick-up at airport!

If you are looking for a real local experience: go here - it's worth!

(no pool or fitness, no idea why this is here to be evaluated?)

Room Tip: upstairs rooms might be better for longer sleep!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank joe1968
Israel
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I may have arrived in low season to Puerto Varas, but I totally felt alone in this hostel. It is located in the main street very close to the center, but I saw no one in this hostel. The single private room I booked was very very small, I hardely had a place to move in the room. I needed something at nightm and there was no one to ask in the reception, all lights were closed etc. It is very weird place although I must indicate thatthe room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The driver of the hostel helped me a lot with trying to get a city map ( since the hostel didn't have one), and to get me to tourist agency for ordering a tour for the following day. the place was also more expensive than other hostels I stayed in Chile, so I am not sure about its value for money. Would not recommend to go there on your own and stay in single room.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo