“Best steak (ever?)”
Review of La Marca

La Marca
Ranked #2 of 158 Restaurants in Puerto Varas
Cuisines: Barbecue, Chilean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Chosen by our tripadvisor clients as the best steak restaurant in the city of Puerto Varas. Come and enjoy the taste brought of "countryside to the grid". .
Reviewed June 3, 2014

La Marca is located in central Puerto Varas, next door to a butcher's which provided a good first impression for a restaurant apparently renowned for good meat. This is a cosy "parilla" (grill) style restaurant with open kitchen/grill area. I usually always choose a fillet steak but was recommended the local "paleta" (shoulder) cut which is definitely one of the most tender, tasty, perfectly cooked steaks I've ever had - which is saying something given I have travelled extensively in Argentina! The side dish of dauphinoise potatoes with merken (local spice) was also out of this world and I LOVE dauphinoise. Despite being full we managed to share a pudding which we couldn't resist - churros with manjar (doughnuts with caramel sauce!) - and which didn't disappoint.

This is the best meat we've eaten in Chile so far and possibly one of the best steak restaurants we've ever been to.

1  Thank Siempredviaje
There are newer reviews for La Marca

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Had an awesome meal here on our last day in Puerto Varas. My husband had the steak with chorizo recommended by our server. I had trout stuffed with King Crab. So fresh and delicious. Tres Leches cake for dessert topped it off. Staff was very friendly, made great recommendations, and spoke English well enough for us Americano's to understand and appreciate!

1  Thank 909elainec
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We went there to celebrate my conpanion's birthday and it was an excellent choice. It is attached to a butchery and if designed to show off the standard of their meat it succeeds! Beautiful steaks, perfectly cooked, excellent service and a very good atmosphere. The staff all cheerful and very friendly. Very good wine list too. Couldn't fault it and the dessert arrived with a candle on it!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I invited my wife for a carnivorous moment. We had a great time and our tummies too.
The price are maybe a bit high but we didn't regret our choice.
We finished our meal with a tasty "fondant au chocolat"!
I recommend this place which is, by the way, really warm when it is cold outside :)

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

The best Entraña I have ever had! Cooked to perfection, juicy, tasty... Hmmmm. The filete my husband had was also fantastic. Service was also perfect, no waiting, the server was always on hand. Very good wine list to accompany the fine selection of meats. Without a doubt the best steakhouse in the region.... possibly all of Chile. I'll definitely be coming back when I'm in town again. Congratulations!!!