“Has a lovely garden” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fogon Las Buenas Brasas

Fogon Las Buenas Brasas
Ranked #11 of 139 Restaurants in Puerto Varas
Cuisines: Latin, Seafood, Soups, Chilean
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sussex
“Has a lovely garden”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Tucked away, this is a really enjoyable restaurant. My pancake with chichen and spinach was packed with meat, generous sauce. Would have revisited.

Visited January 2013

• Czech first
California
“Excellent fish dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Excellent fish dinners were had by all at our table. The portions were very large and the fish very fresh and tasty. The waiter was helpful in selecting what would suit our tastes. The prices were inexpensive compared to what a similar dinner would cost at home.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Great clams and dips, "Cake" more of a stew! Language barrier?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

We truly enjoyed the ambiance of this restaurant after a hectic day. Good service but true to Chilean custom (I guess) waiter who took our order disappeared and our food was brought by someone else fairly quickly. While we waited, we munched on dips and salsa at the table, a nice treat. I ordered oysters on the half shell and got TWO DOZEN which I had to share with my husband. In the US we usually get 6, 8 if we're lucky for the same price. Had local beer which was inexpensive and very good. I ordered a salmon cake which the waiter went over with me several times. Obviously the word "cake" meant something different in Chile as it was a thick soup or stew. Delicious and too big a bowl for me to finish. Again, hubby helped out! We were not rushed out of the restaurant even though it was very busy. Most people appeared to be locals although there was a small group there with their tour guide. Beautiful flowers outside and very atmospheric inside. Next time I'll find out what "cake" means in Chile!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NYC
“Great seafood, the best fish stew”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stopped here after our trip to the Petrohue falls so we were famished and cold. The service was a bit slow and they didn't appear to want to keep you there (i.e. just brought us check without asking if we wanted coffee or dessert, etc) BUT besides that, the food was perfect. I had the Corvina fish stew in a clear broth with veggies which had a spicy kick to it. Get it, you won't be disappointed.

Visited October 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Good food with a garden view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

I ate here three times during my stay in Puerto Varas, as I really liked the relaxing garden view and the variety of food options. Plus the salsa, ceviche and fried bread starters were a treat!
The meals were large too, especially the steaks.

Most of the waiters could speak enough English to help with menu options and one time even customised a dish based on the oysters available and a mix 'n' match of sides, which was exactly what I felt like. They also had a reasonable selection of Chilean wines to choose from.

• Visited December 2012