“Lovely little hotel”

Casa Kalfu
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Puerto Varas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I am sitting here in the charming lobby of the Casa Kalfu hotel, checking email, with the hotel cat on my lap. The rooms are very pretty, the breakfast good and the staff accommodating and friendly, what more could you want? Oh, yes, the price is good

Room Tip: We were in room 11, a corner room with a little balcony
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BostonTravelynn

Reviewed December 3, 2011

Casa Kalfu is a great place. It's located in a residential area, but just 10 minutes by foot from the center of town. And 5 minutes in the other direction takes you to some nice restaurants overlooking the lake and Osorno Volcano. I had a room on the bottom floor, but it was quiet and comfortable. The whole place is cozy and welcoming. The staff is excellent. I had an early flight the morning I checked out, so I figured I would miss the wonderful breakfast they provide each morning. When they found out I would be leaving early the next day, they asked me what I would like for breakfast and they would have it for me. They got up early and made me some breakfast so that I could have something to eat before I left. I have NEVER stayed anywhere where they were willing to do that!

Overall, I think this hotel is an excellent choice. And Puerto Varas and the surrounding area are just beautiful!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Jim112263
Reviewed November 27, 2011

This is a really 'upscale' place for the price. The rooms and esp bathrooms are extremely nice and the whole place is furnished in a quirky, artsty kind of way. Only a few rooms have lake views though so you might want to ask. The inn is located walking distance to both the main part of P Varas and to the beach/restaurant area to the south along the lake. So, quite convenient!

Room Tip: Rooms 14 and 11 have lake view (but have a higher price).
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank atjxe
Reviewed November 25, 2011

The acid test of any hotel is how they treat the solo female traveler of a certain age. Casa Kalfu passed with flying colors. The staff was always warm, friendly and helpful. The hotel is artistically decorated with charming sitting and breakfast rooms. The entire place is immaculate. My room was filled with light, had a balcony, offered a view of the lake and volcanoes and was decorated had beautiful weavings. The breakfast always offers freshly-squeezed juice. One of the nights I stayed there, I showed up unexpectedly after being rained out of a multi-day kayak trip. The staff found me a room, turned up the heat for me and helped me reschedule my flights. Another evening, I settled into the lobby to work on the computer after dinner. Next thing I knew, a glass of nice wine was by my side and a friendly cat was purring on my lap.

Room Tip: Because the building is a rambling wood structure, the rooms on the upper floors are more quiet than...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We recently stayed in this hotel, the location was great, we had a lovely lake view room..
The hotel is nicely decorated, the service was great, Percy was very helpful, from the check in, greeting us outside the hotel, taking our bags and helping us with our trip.. He even dropped us off next day at our tour office..
Thanks.. We had a great time

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed May 17, 2011

Our family of two ten year olds, one thirty +, two 40+. and two 60+ all throughly enjoyed our stay at Casa Kalfu, and would recomend it to anyone wanting a very clean, cosy, value for money and friendly place to stay and enjoy Puerto Varas.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2011

The hotel is located in a quiet part of Puerto Varas. The city centre and the lakeside are within easy reach on foot. Rooms are well-appointed. Decoration throughout the hotel is cute and gives you a homely feeling - as does the very helpful staff. The buffet breakfast is first rate. And there is free parking as well.

• Stayed: April 2011