“Quiet, very well located, extremely friendly staff !”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Weisserhaus

Hotel Weisserhaus
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Puerto Varas
Hurth, Germany
“Quiet, very well located, extremely friendly staff !”
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Me and my wife stayed there for 3 nights on December. The owner make you freel at home. He personally runs the hotel and is very concerned about what the guest need. He gives you all kind of information such as the best climate to visit Osorno, Frutillar and so. He speaks English and German as well.
Weisserhaus is in a walking distance far from the lake, restaurants, cassino and shops.
Beakfast is in a Chilean way, simple.
We definetely will visit this place again !

Room Tip: Front rooms may view Osorno Volcano, rear rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
California
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I have to say, its the people that turn a excellent hotel into a great one. The owner and staff are about as friendly as they come. Throughout the stay we felt we were treated like family. The owners have authentic charm and gracious hospitality. The hotel itself is very wonderful. Its more like a large house that has been turned into a hotel. The common room just passed the reception is comfortable and relaxing. The rooms up the stairs are cozy. The waves from the lake can be heard during the night. Its located in the heart of the city with restaurants, car rental sites, and bakeries nearby. One night, we felt so relaxed in the hotel, we skipped dinner and just watched television from the bed. If I return to Puerto Varas, which is a delightful town, I'll make my way back to the Hotel Weisserhaus without a second thought.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank CaliforniaSunDreamer
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 17, 2011

This was a fantastic find. I really enjoyed staying here. The management is family and they are all quite friendly and helpful. The rooms are delightful - cozy, comfortable and happy. The room I shared with family is a little small, by American standards, but don't let that stop you. The rooms were great to come back to after a day of traveling around Patagonia and just felt relaxing. The bathroom is a comfortable size. The location is, I believe, just 5 years old. Some insights: The hotel serves a delightful continental breakfast with ham, cheese, kuchen, juice, yogurt, cereal, etc. The hotel offers on-site parking but like anywhere else that offers parking, if you need to leave early make sure you are the the last one in so no one is parked behind you. The location is central so you are in walking distance to everywhere and literally two blocks from the lake. My bed was a little too soft for me as I like sleeping on a firm mattress but this was not a big problem for me. Bottom Line: I would without hesitation stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank WestCoaster31
Washington State
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Hotel Weisserhaus is a lovely little guest house centrally located in Puerto Varas, in one of the most beautiful areas of Chile. The owner Jorge and his daughter Susan could not have been more helpful or accommodating. I had lived in the area around 40 years before as a Peace Corps volunteer and was very eager to see if everything was as wonderful as my memories. I also was traveling with my daughter, her boyfriend, and her boyfriend's mother so I was eager to show her where I had lived when I was approximately her age. Susan arranged a car and driver for us for a long afternoon for only sixty dollars, and he took us to all the glorious sites that I remembered including Lago Llanquihue, Lago Todos los Santos, the Saltos de Petrohue, Laguna Verde, and Ensenada. The driver had a friend who arranged a boat trip for us at Todos los Santos, a stunningly beautiful lake the color of turquoise with the picture postcard Volcan Osorno towering over it.

Jorge also showed us the next day where to catch the local bus for the short ride to Frutillar, a beautiful town also on Lago Llanquihue which has a strong German influence from the immigrants. We had a delicious piece of Tres Leches cake, which is not to be missed. We also had dinner in Puerto Varas at a restaurant called Donde el Gordito, which translates roughly as Fat Man's Place, which had been visited by Anthony Bourdain.

The hotel itself is small and the rooms were a bit loud because of street noise but they were immaculately clean. The breakfast was delicious with homemade pastas. The coffee was as bad as I remembered, as well--instant! It was an unforgettable vacation, and without Jorge's help we would never have been able to see all that we did.

Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Fulita
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We stayed two nights at Hotel Weisserhaus in Puerto Varas, a beautiful small town in the Lakes District of Chilean Patagonia. We were so glad to have booked there; we were treated like longtime guests from the moment we arrived until we left. Jorge and his daughter (unfortunately, can't remember her name) were very helpful and friendly. They gave us great restaurant recommendations, suggested some fun activities, and helped us arrange a rental car. They also arranged a taxi to pick us up from the airport in Puerto Montt, about 30 minutes away. The room was spotlessly clean and comfortable; in fact, the bed linens and towels were remarkably nice. Jorge proudly told us that they are made by the best linen company in Chile! Breakfast was very nice, plenty of selection of cold items like meats, cheeses, breads, yogurt, etc. There is also coffee and tea, of course, along with juice.

The hotel is located in the heart of Puerto Varas, which is not an especially big place, but it's still worth mentioning that the lake (and the amazing views across to the volcano) is just a couple of blocks away. There are plenty of restaurants nearby, as well. If you want a place to relax besides your room, the living room of the hotel is comfortable, with a big TV. There's also complimentary wi-fi with a good connection.

Overall, we really enjoyed ourselves at Hotel Weisserhaus and would definitely return here on a future trip to Puerto Varas.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SFCAtravelers
Avila, CA
Reviewed April 16, 2011

The man running this family type hotel is amazingly kind and considerate. We arrived by bus, so we were early at the hotel (around 10 am). He immediately looked for a room that was ready and offered a free breakfast. When he asked for my passport, he realized I did not keep the paper I needed to leave Chile, so he walked with me to the police station, and I got a new paper in a very short time. There is a family atmosphere in this hotel that is comforting and very cozy. Good bed, good shower, good breakfast, good memories.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 123Avila
Saint Julian's, Malta
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Firstly I would like to say that the owners of Weisserhaus made us feel very welcome on our arrival. The gentleman made sure to assist us with all our sightseeing questions and his charming daughter too. I would surely return to the Weisserhaus on our next visit to P Varas.It is excellently positioned. The beds are ever so comfortable. Breakfast was basic and the only thing didnt like was they called orange juice. On the other hand I loved their home made cakes. When visiting P Varas make sure to take a bus and visit Fruitillar/

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple