“Good food at reasonable prices”
Review of Club Aleman

Club Aleman
Ranked #11 of 176 Restaurants in Puerto Montt
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We had dinner on our first night in Puerto Montt in this old fashioned, traditional place. My wife had a very good fish stew, I asked for a local fish course with rice, all excellently prepared. The waiter very helpful in chosing a wine, which we asked per glass. The portion was extremely generous, after filling our glasses only a rest for another glass remained in the bottle, quickly asked for by another table. The waiter also recommended us their afternoon tea, called "la Once", served between 4 and 7 p.m. We returned two days later for a trial. The offer is really priceworthy, for about 6 dollars each we got our teapot, a big basket of different toasts, butter,two home made jams, salmon and another fish pastes, a liver pate, cream of avocado, a dry cake and apple strudel. Everything very tasty. and lmpossible to finish all, absolutely recommendable. Better not to eat lunch on the day you go for your Once.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Nice atmosphere, excellent and super friendly, professional old fashioned (in a very nice way) service. I have ordered a german dish, my friend a local seafood kind of thing. Mine was excellent, real Sauerkraut, the local seafood dish was so so. Small but good wine selection.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I was not too sure if was going to like it, when I entered the Club Alemán (German Club). I'm definitely not into traditional German food, as I generally prefer small servings and light food. But it turned out great. The Club building is very nice wooden property, very well maintained and centrally located. In the entrance hall there was an exhibition about German immigration in the region. The tables were nicely set and the menu included some of the heartier traditional dished I wanted to avoid, but also many contemporary options. Service was efficient although every table was taken. Bottom line: Excellent.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Although the food is very good, the service is terrible. We waited half an hour to be given the menu. Then more than one hour to be served. When we wanted to pay, they didn't have "system" for credit cards. A nightmare

Reviewed February 20, 2013

It's not bad, but you had impression to be 50 years back in times.
It was sunday and so option buffet or classic menu.
We opt for the menu as buffet was nothing exceptionnal .
Chile an salad very good, loco " à la salsa verde" which let thème eat but could be better.
Dessert banal.