“Eliana is a terrific hostess-best breakfast of trip”

Hospedaje Vista Al Mar
Ranked #1 of 30 Puerto Montt B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Eliana is responsive and genuinely enjoys helping her visitors. She makes homemade bread, jam, and a delicious, fresh fruit salad. We were so tired of the typical breakfast included at b&b's in Chile (usually everything from a package, sugary), but her offerings were a nice, healthy surprise!
The house has about nine rooms that are small and clean, and bathrooms that are wonderfully clean. She helped us figure out our bus, made calls for us, and gave us her only map for our next destination. Very kind!!! This is probably not the cheapest place in Puerto Montt, but the service is likely better than others.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank cjenjax

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I was very impressed with this Hostal/bed and breakfast Like many, it is a converted house. The views are outstanding and the security great. Most importantly, the hostess (Eliana) is a warm, über knowledgable gem. She ensured we understood what opportunities we might have that day for outings, helped us find a quality rental car for economical prices, and spent time pouring over maps (which she gave us) of the Lake District teaching us how to best travel, hike, and visit sites. She also opened her kitchen to us. Best of all, they have blazing wifi and a computer for the customers use. I would most definitely come back.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Best hostel of all those where we've stayed so far in South America. Eliana is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was ample and varied. The view is probably the best in town. Room was plenty big, more than enough blankets were available, and everything was sparkling clean. The neighborhood isn't the best, but it's convenient to the bus station and the ferry terminal, and it is walkable to the center.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeffrey S
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed here for one night on my way to Casto on Chiloe. The location is great for the Bus Terminal and it's easy to find. I arrived late as my flight was changed but they assured me it wasn't a problem.

The service is very personal, and the homemade breakfast served in the kitchen downstairs is fabulous. The views of the sea and the volcanoes are great and Eliana was happy to point out what I was looking at! The rooms are spotless and there is even showergel and shampoo etc in the bathroom. A lovely touch.

It is a residential street, which I liked, but the walk from the main streets at night might put some solo travellers off. I didn't think it was a problem though and it was a great experience to stay with Eliana and her husband.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank gfletcher100
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Location: ** (out of 5) located ca 0,5 km from the central bus station but the neighborhood is not very safe. Poor people lying on the street and a lot of strolling dogs.

Service: ***** (out of 5). Excellent breakfast (salad of fresh fruits). Eliane is very cute and supportive

Room, Hotel overall, infrastructure (internet): ***** (out of 5): Very good wi fi. Free internet in the lobby.

Overall rating: **** stars out of 5

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ba31182
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I arrived from Santiago to spend four nights in Eliana's bed and breakfast. At the same she had relatives visiting from Argentina, yet still found time to sit and chat with me and wait on me like a mother at breakfast. She tidied up the room and made the bed every day, something I didn't expect. Fresh towels appeared regularly and the bathrooms are kept very very clean. Home-made whole grain bread was at every breakfast. She is on the phone all the time making reservations of tours, calling taxis and checking bus schedules. A+ for Vista al Mar and Eliana!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank williamd_us
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I travelled for business, and was looking for a very quiet and confortable place to stay, where I could have some meetings. Eliana the owner was very aware of my needs, and all the time was looking for the details making my work and the logistics of my trip very easy. The room had a very nice view of all the bay. Thaks Eliana for your help!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business