“Great place - great service”

Hotel Geronimo Pucon
Ranked #20 of 183 Specialty Lodging in Pucon
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Lovely people in a wonderful hotel, that still understand the concept of hospitality. The staff go out of their way to ensure you have a great stay. Even going so far as to fetch you a pizza if you're starving. Would definitely recommend.

The rooms are clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Good value for money, with great views of the Vulcan Villarica. We had a superior double room, and I don't think it was very superior - plus it was superhot in the evenings and at night. I liked that they prepared breakfast in the morning before we headed to our vulcano tour at 6.30 in the morning, and the breakfast overall was quite decent. Not sure if its the best option in Pucón, but definitely not the worst ;)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank travelOlady
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We transferred to this hotel after a terrible experience at another the prior night. They had space for us and accommodated us immediately. The staff was wonderful, the rooms comfortable, and we really enjoyed our stay. The location was great - close to the center of things for food and fun, but far enough away to be quiet at night. They have parking and the nicest complimentary breakfast we've had so far.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the volcano - all the rooms at the back of the hotel probably have them.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is by far the best value for money we could find in Pucon - and far more cosy than several more expensive ones. There are no such things as pool, gym, restaurant or business centre, but if you just want a nice and cosy place to stay, this is it. the Lobby and common areas are nice, with several fireplaces and a bar.
The rooms are not big, but nice, cosy and warm, just as the whole placa - very nice to stay there. Our bed and sheets were so, so comfortable, I did not want to get up in the morning. Bathromms seem newly renovated. Superior rooms have balcony and a spectacular view to the volcano.
Breakfast is abundant and healthy, with fresh fruit etc., only the juice is bad, as in most Chilean places (too sweet, artificial, has barely seen a fruit...)
Totally recommend this place for a stay with couple or firends.

Room Tip: If you go in summer, spend a little more (the difference is not much) and get a room with balcony an...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I reserved a room with a view and a terrace, and if I could have seen the view I'm sure I would have enjoyed it. (But the view is available all over town, you don't have to stay here for it.) It wasn't the hotel's fault that it rained the whole time I was there, and I appreciated having a good-sized room with a sofa as well as a bed. Unfortunately, wi-fi didn't work in my room and I had to use the lobby. Also, it was cold enough that I needed the heater, but there was a notice requiring me to have someone come up and turn it on. I didn't want to sleep with it on, but that meant I woke up to a cold room and couldn't heat it until after I showered and dressed.

The hotel is a little out of the center, and I wasn't impressed with the breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I was supposed to stay in Hotel Geronimo for a day in Pucon. Unfortunately, on my way on the bus, my documents were stolen. The hotel staff was extremely helpful providing me internet and phone and saved me with that. The place is clean and has a good location close to downtown. If I ever go back to Pucon, I will stay there. I am very thankful for tha staff and for being able to stay for a half a day to take a shower.

Room Tip: I don´t know
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I loved this place. My room was spacious, and bright, but it had curtains so I could make it dark for an afternoon nap. I was recovering from a 2 month trip- backpacking and this was pure luxury.
Most rooms had views of the volcano but instead I had 2 private decks ajoining my room! Enjoyed morning coffee on the deck before joining other guests for breakfast which was the best breakfast on my trip. In fact the best breakfast in all of all my travels.. Everything you could want. Fresh, exquisite service. Nice place for a glass of wine in the evening, too.
It reminded me of a very lovely country inn.

Room Tip: I checked them all out. Some are smaller, but each is unique. My friends were less happy with thei...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo