Hotel Geronimo Pucon
Ranked #20 of 183 Specialty Lodging in Pucon
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I reserved a room with a view and a terrace, and if I could have seen the view I'm sure I would have enjoyed it. (But the view is available all over town, you don't have to stay here for it.) It wasn't the hotel's fault that it rained the whole time I was there, and I appreciated having a good-sized room with a sofa as well as a bed. Unfortunately, wi-fi didn't work in my room and I had to use the lobby. Also, it was cold enough that I needed the heater, but there was a notice requiring me to have someone come up and turn it on. I didn't want to sleep with it on, but that meant I woke up to a cold room and couldn't heat it until after I showered and dressed.

The hotel is a little out of the center, and I wasn't impressed with the breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I was supposed to stay in Hotel Geronimo for a day in Pucon. Unfortunately, on my way on the bus, my documents were stolen. The hotel staff was extremely helpful providing me internet and phone and saved me with that. The place is clean and has a good location close to downtown. If I ever go back to Pucon, I will stay there. I am very thankful for tha staff and for being able to stay for a half a day to take a shower.

Room Tip: I don´t know
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I loved this place. My room was spacious, and bright, but it had curtains so I could make it dark for an afternoon nap. I was recovering from a 2 month trip- backpacking and this was pure luxury.
Most rooms had views of the volcano but instead I had 2 private decks ajoining my room! Enjoyed morning coffee on the deck before joining other guests for breakfast which was the best breakfast on my trip. In fact the best breakfast in all of all my travels.. Everything you could want. Fresh, exquisite service. Nice place for a glass of wine in the evening, too.
It reminded me of a very lovely country inn.

Room Tip: I checked them all out. Some are smaller, but each is unique. My friends were less happy with thei...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed in Hotel Geronimo for three nights and really enjoyed it. The place is clean and staff is really helpful and friendly, breakfast was fine. We've got a room with a view to the volcano and it was perfect.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2011

We stayed two nights in November 2011 and thought the hotel was very nice, clean, well decorated, and the staff was friendly and helpful. Its just a couple of blocks off the main street so easy walk to restaurants and shops but quiet. Elliana and Rodrigo were great hosts and very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: many rooms have nice balconies but ask for one with a view of the volcano.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 5, 2011

The staff were very friendly, the location was good, but the rooms were small, and the beds were really bad!!
If you have backproblems, or if you don`t want backproblems, go somewhere else. I really had a hard time sleeping in the terrible bed.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2011

We stayed there in April 2011 and had a wonderful time. The staff was great and very helpful even though my Spanish is lacking. During our visit the power went out from the storms but we had a wonderful time meeting other guests in the lounge. The room was comfortable and just what we expected. It's not the Ritz, so don't expect that. It's just a great middle class place in a wonderful area. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family