“great small hotel”

Ranked #19 of 174 Specialty Lodging in Pucon
San Antonio, Texas
“great small hotel”
Reviewed December 5, 2011

We stayed two nights in November 2011 and thought the hotel was very nice, clean, well decorated, and the staff was friendly and helpful. Its just a couple of blocks off the main street so easy walk to restaurants and shops but quiet. Elliana and Rodrigo were great hosts and very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: many rooms have nice balconies but ask for one with a view of the volcano.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Oslo
Reviewed December 5, 2011

The staff were very friendly, the location was good, but the rooms were small, and the beds were really bad!!
If you have backproblems, or if you don`t want backproblems, go somewhere else. I really had a hard time sleeping in the terrible bed.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Valencia, New Mexico
Reviewed November 5, 2011

We stayed there in April 2011 and had a wonderful time. The staff was great and very helpful even though my Spanish is lacking. During our visit the power went out from the storms but we had a wonderful time meeting other guests in the lounge. The room was comfortable and just what we expected. It's not the Ritz, so don't expect that. It's just a great middle class place in a wonderful area. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 27, 2011

This was a good hotel. It had a very good location in Pucon, good breakfast, good value, and help with transportation etc. Our one complaint was our initial room. We wanted a room with a view and the room we got for the first 2 days of a 5 day stay did not meet that criteria. They moved us for the last 3 days to a wonderful room with a view of the volcano. However, when we got our bill, they price was the same for each day. We felt that we paid extra for the 1st 2 days and should have had a reduction. We didn't push the issue at the time, but we felt it was important to mention it in our review

Room Tip: Talk to them and make sure you get what you want
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nivramkoorb
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed March 21, 2011

My first impression from this hostel was ok, although the breakfast was not so great and during the shower the water got very cold.

When I first arrived I asked the manager/owner if there was any problem to leave my valuable stuff (money, card and etc) in the room. She answered there was not problem at all and she did not offered me a locker. So, I relaxed and left part of my money inside a bag inside my suitcase. In my last day, when I search fot the money to pay the hotel and check out, I realized there was U$ 90,00 missing from the bag. It was interesting because whoever took my money did not take it all, but some notes as it was done not to be noticed. I went to talk to the same lady and she told me that her staff has been working with her for 10 years and there was nothing she could do or say to them. She said sorry but did not try to speak to who had access to my room. Before I left she said I should have asked for a locker. But I did not know they had one as when I asked she did not offer. In addition she said I would learn with the experience. I felt the hotel did not care at all about the guests and it seems that I was the one responsible for my money had disappeared from the room which I paid a reasonable price for.
A hotel where stuff is taken from the suitcase inside the room and the staff do nothing to make good a loss, is very bad.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Gmandali
London
Reviewed February 11, 2011

We stayed at this hostel, although it is not really a hostel, it's more like a very good b&b or a comfortable family hotel. The hostel/hotel was spotlessly clean, our en-suite room had all that we needed, including a very comfortable bed, the staff were extremely friendly and the breakfast was as good as you would get anywhere, with plenty of variety. It is located 2 blocks from the main street, close enough to walk there easily but far enough away to be quiet at night. We loved this little hotel and would definitely recommend it to anyone. We can't wait to go back there.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LadyPParker
Cuiaba, MT
Reviewed February 9, 2011

when we arrived there was nobody to take the bags to the room, so we had to climb the stairs carrying his bags, which was not easy. the rooms are very small, smells bad, you can hear people in next room. the breakfast is very poor. the first day, the waiter brought to the table on which sat only one bread, one glass of juice, a banana, milk, coffee that I had to prepare the table ...
since the second day, had the same things and cheese. was the pious hotel I stayed in my life. moreover, I had reserved a room type and gave me another. very expensive without having NOTHING!

• Stayed January 2011