“Room Switch”

Hotel Geronimo Pucon
Ranked #20 of 184 Specialty Lodging in Pucon
Reviewed May 27, 2011

This was a good hotel. It had a very good location in Pucon, good breakfast, good value, and help with transportation etc. Our one complaint was our initial room. We wanted a room with a view and the room we got for the first 2 days of a 5 day stay did not meet that criteria. They moved us for the last 3 days to a wonderful room with a view of the volcano. However, when we got our bill, they price was the same for each day. We felt that we paid extra for the 1st 2 days and should have had a reduction. We didn't push the issue at the time, but we felt it was important to mention it in our review

Room Tip: Talk to them and make sure you get what you want
1  Thank nivramkoorb

Reviewed March 21, 2011

My first impression from this hostel was ok, although the breakfast was not so great and during the shower the water got very cold.

When I first arrived I asked the manager/owner if there was any problem to leave my valuable stuff (money, card and etc) in the room. She answered there was not problem at all and she did not offered me a locker. So, I relaxed and left part of my money inside a bag inside my suitcase. In my last day, when I search fot the money to pay the hotel and check out, I realized there was U$ 90,00 missing from the bag. It was interesting because whoever took my money did not take it all, but some notes as it was done not to be noticed. I went to talk to the same lady and she told me that her staff has been working with her for 10 years and there was nothing she could do or say to them. She said sorry but did not try to speak to who had access to my room. Before I left she said I should have asked for a locker. But I did not know they had one as when I asked she did not offer. In addition she said I would learn with the experience. I felt the hotel did not care at all about the guests and it seems that I was the one responsible for my money had disappeared from the room which I paid a reasonable price for.
A hotel where stuff is taken from the suitcase inside the room and the staff do nothing to make good a loss, is very bad.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Gmandali
Reviewed February 11, 2011

We stayed at this hostel, although it is not really a hostel, it's more like a very good b&b or a comfortable family hotel. The hostel/hotel was spotlessly clean, our en-suite room had all that we needed, including a very comfortable bed, the staff were extremely friendly and the breakfast was as good as you would get anywhere, with plenty of variety. It is located 2 blocks from the main street, close enough to walk there easily but far enough away to be quiet at night. We loved this little hotel and would definitely recommend it to anyone. We can't wait to go back there.

1  Thank LadyPParker
Reviewed February 9, 2011

when we arrived there was nobody to take the bags to the room, so we had to climb the stairs carrying his bags, which was not easy. the rooms are very small, smells bad, you can hear people in next room. the breakfast is very poor. the first day, the waiter brought to the table on which sat only one bread, one glass of juice, a banana, milk, coffee that I had to prepare the table ...
since the second day, had the same things and cheese. was the pious hotel I stayed in my life. moreover, I had reserved a room type and gave me another. very expensive without having NOTHING!

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed January 11, 2011

We stayed for two nights at Hotel Geronimo. I was very excited based on the positive reviews I read about the hotel. We were extremely unsatisfied. The staff and owners seemed like they were doing us a favor by letting us stay at the hotel. There was zero customer service. When we tried to speak with staff, we were barked at. We had problems checking in based on our reservation being canceled for arriving 2 and 1/2 hours after we had previously told the owners. We tried to ask a question about exploring Pucon and were handed a map and told they did not have time to talk to us about this. There was never a smile or even a simple how are you or how was your stay. We have stayed in many different hotels - ranging from very budget hostels to more luxurious hotels. This is by far the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

Additionally, note the breakfast leaves a lot to be desired. Breakfast is not a make it or break it point for me at a hotel, so it was not important to me. If breakfast is important, do not stay here. The first day we were given stale bread, watery jelly, spoiled fruit, birthday cake and lukewarm water for coffee. We skipped breakfast the second day and opted to buy bread and cheese at the supermarket.

Overall, it was a negative experience. There are so many hostels/hotels/cabins in Pucon. Look elsewhere for your stay in Pucon!

1  Thank Lilly2007
Reviewed January 3, 2011

We stayed here for3 nights after hastily leaving the Eco hostel several blocks away (forfeiting our paid nights accommodation).

Hotel was great,with clean rooms and a lovely bathroom. We had a terrace with view of volcano. Room 12 definitely worth seeking out this hotel.

Everyone very friendly.

Recommended and one of the highlights of our 6 weeks away

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed December 24, 2010

Hostel Geronimo scores high in every category. The lovely woman in charge named, Eleana, was especially kind, friendly and helpful. The rest of the staff is also friendly and helpful. The hotel is charming and beautiful ..... filled with lovely, comfortable furnishings and beautiful woods. The rooms are spacious, comfortable, very clean, and beautifully decorated. The rooms on the backside have views of the volcano. Breakfast is served in a lovely, bright, and large room. Scrambled eggs are served along with cheeses, meats, kuchen, fresh juice and fruits. And, there is a bar that is open later in the day. Drinks are served inside the bar or outside on the patio in front of the Hostel. Pucon is a small town and Hostel Geronimo is within easy walking distance of everything including the bus station. The town reminded us of some of the small towns in the Rocky Mountains of the US. In addition to the incredibly beautiful lake and volcano, there are good restaurants, artesanal markets and outdoor activities. Hostel Geronimo is a great value for your money,

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple