“The food is excellent and owner and staff are charming.”
Review of Camino al Lago - CLOSED

Camino al Lago
Cuisines: International, Fusion
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Golden, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The food is excellent and owner and staff are charming.”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We were looking for an authentic Chilean restaurant with healthy food. We found this restaurant to exceed our expectations. The owner spends the time to make sure you feel welcome. He and the staff are very engaging. For vegetarians he has a personal dish that is quite excellent.
We recommend this restaurant and will eat there again before we leave Pucon.

• Visited January 2014

London
“Experimental and enthusiastic”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We were just passing and on the look out for vegetarian food really. Gustavo roped us in with an enthusiastic pitch for his home made veggie meals. We sat down and he came out and explained what he could do. He described 3 meals which he could prepare right away and we went with a couple of the choices.

I'll be honest, the meals were large and very filling but for me a little too experimental with the ingredients and the presentation - they also come with Gustavo's 'special sauce'. Whilst there'll be no Michelin stars for the recipes and the cooking, you will get enthusiasm in abundance and a good choice of beers.

• Visited December 2013
“Best food in Pucon!”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

I dined here twice, and both times the food was absolutely amazing, the service phenomenal, and prices more than reasonable. If you want excellent food that's been cooked with love and soul, this is the place to go. Hands down the best food Pucon has to offer!

Port Coquitlam, Canada
“Excellent service, tasty and fresh dishes”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

At Camino al Lago you are likely to meet a man named Gustavo, the owner, chef and sometimes waiter of the restaurant. While we were there there was also an exceedingly friendly and entertaining waiter that spoke Spanish, English and German. The menu items are limited and do change daily according to what the freshest ingredients are. We had a fresh salmon ceviche, paila mariscos (seafood soup) and honey glazed pork tenderloin. The portions weren't huge but the food was delicious.

• Visited December 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food that nourishes body and soul”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

I spent a couple of days in Pucon and was fighting a bad cold. Our hotel receptionist recommended Camino al lago. My friend and I were able to ask the chef for what we craved, in my case soup, so the chef made me the best "Paila de Mariscos" (Seafood Soup) I have ever tried. Exactly what I needed to nurse my cold. Also, we had the best Pisco Sour I have had in my life.

For those beer lovers, here you will have a wide range of local beers to choose from.

This is a family owned restaurant where the chef and his staff will take really good care of you. You can't leave Pucon without stopping by Camino al Lago.

Visited December 2013