“Great Family Float”

Kayak Chile
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed January 19, 2018 via mobile

Our family of five with kids age 8, five, four loved the family float. It was around 3 1/2 hours with a 20 minute hike to some rapids in the middle. They had wet suits for the kids which made the water much more tolerable for them. It was a nice relaxing trip which was neither too adventurous nor too boring for any of us. Our guide Fernando was awesome. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: January 2018
Ben M, Owner at Kayak Chile, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2018

Thanks Aaron, we are glad you and your family had a great time on the River, we feel it is really important kids have a really positive experience when they go to the river for the first time.
I am glad the wetsuits meant the kids could spend as much time in the water as they wanted, we have wetsuits for all ages and sizes to make sure everyone enjoys the cristal clear water of the Liucura river whilst on our trips.

All reviews
"crew"
"gear"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed November 29, 2017

My partner and I spent a day with Ben and his team learning to white water kayak. We had heaps of fun, well supported by knowledgeable and professional guides. They made us feel really comfortable in the kayaks and, best of all, they did it with good humour and easy conversation. A great introduction to this sport - I know we'll be doing more of it. Thanks, Kayak Chile!

Date of experience: November 2017
Ben M, Owner at Kayak Chile, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2017

Thanks so much again for choosing to kayak with us, we are always happy to share our love of the sport and it is great that you are planning on paddling more in the future. You never know we might even see you back Kayaking in Chile one day.

Reviewed November 28, 2017

I did a half-day whitewater kayak trip with Juan and Ben. Even though I was the only client that day, Ben still came out to go kayaking with us! I had very little experience with kayaking but Juan and Ben both made me feel safe and 100% ready to take on the whitewater! Also, Juan and Ben (who is British) both speak perfect English, so it was easy for us to communicate. I highly recommend spending an afternoon, full day or multiple days with the Kayak Chile crew - you won't regret it!

Ben M, Owner at Kayak Chile, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2018

Thanks Liz, both Juan and I had a great time paddling with you and showing you our local river.
I am pretty busy in the office now but still try and get out on the water a few times a week.
Juan however is out every day teaching other guests how to kayak on the lake then showing them down the amazing rivers we have here in Pucon.
I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip and hopefully we will see you again one day to explore some more of the beautiful rivers we have here in Pucon.

Reviewed November 22, 2017

I recently took a multi-day trip down the Río San Pedro with Ben and his crew. The weather, river, and scenery were just amazing. You're really missing out if you just stick to the basic 90 minute trips down the Trancura or Liucura. But what really made this trip was the professionalism and skill level of Ben and the rest of the staff at Kayak Chile. I'm a resident of Pucón and I know from first hand experience that not all tourism companies in Pucón are the same. For any river trips Kayak Chile should be your first and only choice.

Please be aware that the rivers in Chile are under very heavy threat of destruction by hydroelectric projects and other multinational corporations that wish to exploit these rare natural resources for short-term profit with no benefit to the people who call this wonderful place home. Please do what you can to support and donate to the local community organizations that work very hard against considerable odds to keep the rivers clean and available for everyone to enjoy.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 14, 2017

I did a weekend-long guided whitewater trip down Rio San Pedro with Kayak Chile and it was absolutely incredible!!! Kayak Chile staff were extremely knowledgable about the river and river safety. They also knew a lot about the local ecology which added depth to the trip and made it very interesting. The entire weekend from gear to food to transportation etc was very organized making the trip such a breeze.

I kayaked down in a guided duo and we also brought a playboat in the raft for the surf waves. We had some people on the trip who knew how to kayak, but it was also accessible for those who were less comfortable on whitewater because there was a guided raft.

The rapids themselves were amazing..the first day is a good warm up for the bigger rapids in the morning on the second day. We camped halfway down the river beside the rapids and ate asado on the beach beside the teal water. Absolutely incredible!! Thanks Kayak Chile for an incredible weekend!!!