“best company to climb the villarica for 40+”

Patagonia Experience - Volcan Villarrica Snow & Adventure
Ranked #2 of 49 Tours in Pucon
More attraction details
Owner description: Patagonia Experience is a fully certified tour operator based in Pucon Chile. We offer a range of adventures and services from climbing the most active volcano in Chile; Volan Villarrica / Volcano Villarrica and rafting the famous Rio Trancura to organising accommodation and transport. We are proud to have been awarded the Senatur Seal of Quality and work to provide the highest quality in every area of our business. Together with our team, provide a specialised service for customers from all over the world. Our bi-lingual staff can help you with all your enquiries about Pucon, from planning your whole trip to advising where you can find the nearest ATM machine. We only work with professional guides and top quality technical equipment, we keep our groups small to ensure a personalised experience and provide a number of extra services with our tours that you won't find elsewhere. If you are planning a trip to this most beautiful part of the world we can help make it the best possible experience for you and all your travelling companions! We look forward to seeing you soon, Patagonia Experience.
Reviewed March 29, 2014

The first day we tried to climb the Villarica, we got to the mountain and the guide said the weather is not so good and the wind is a bit strong. He recommended not to climb that day. He said that tomorrow should be better. Out of 6 people, only my wife and I decided to listen to his advice and come the next day. Only 2 made it to the top that day.
The next day was super. we were 10 people with 3 guides. PATAGONIA EXPERIENCE put a guide on every 4 people! My wife and I were a bit slower then the others and so we got actually a private guide. the climb was hard but very rewarding. I am quite sure that we would not have succeeded on the previous day. A little more expensive but worth every penny.
BTW - they do not charge anything if you do not climb due to weather conditions and they give you all the equipment you need.

1  Thank eyal1963
Patagonia E, Gerente at Patagonia Experience - Volcan Villarrica Snow & Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Hola eyal1963!

Thank you for your great comments and for choosing Patagonia Experience to take you up the Volcán Villarrica. It is very important to us that our guests have the best chance of getting to the top; if the conditions look bad we will tell you and help you make the best decision in the moment., it´s really great when someone who doubts whether they can get to the top of the volcano actually makes it there, my guides always feel proud when we achieve that!

Thanks again for your comments, all the best Richard

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"safety"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed March 8, 2014

After searching the net for reviews on which companies to use to climb Villarica I then took to the streets and asked a bunch of places about their offering for the trek including guide to trekker ratio, equipment and for me a guide that could speak English in case of emergency. After doing my research and asking around I settled on Patagonia Experience and was so happy I did. Although the price was more than the others I decided to put my safety first and go with these guys.
The equipment was excellent my guide Joaquin superb! 3 of us started the day, unfortunately 2 were unable to make the Summit. Joaquin, after ensuring the others were looked after, continued to the top with me. Once we got into a good rhythm the walk, although physically demanding was worth every minute. You need to be fit - experienced trekker probably not but physically fit, yes. I'd like to thank Joaquin for giving me the pleasure of his company for the day, the view from the summit was possibly one of the most breathtaking experiences of my life. The slide down on the ice on my bottom was awesome fun too. Bring sunscreen, and layer your clothing. Most of all enjoy!

3  Thank SouthAmericanOdyssey
Patagonia E, Gerente at Patagonia Experience - Volcan Villarrica Snow & Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Hola SouthAmericanOdyssey!

Thank you very much for choosing Patagonia Experience and for leaving your comments. I am very pleased you had such a good day with us and will be sure to pass your thanks onto Joaquin; he currently camping on the Volcano doing a glacier rescue course so I will not be seeing him for a few more days yet!

Thanks again and all the best, Richard

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I did the volcano climb with 7 friends... we all had a blast. You'd think the climb up and the view would be the highlight, but the slide back down is crazy fun!

patagonia experience had great guides, and quality gear. Good balance of pushing us hard and giving us the proper number of breaks.

They are a bit more expensive than other places in pucon, so that's really the only downside to going with them... but if I were to do this trip again, id do it with them.

1  Thank kayak_m0nkey
Patagonia E, Manager at Patagonia Experience - Volcan Villarrica Snow & Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Hola kayak_m0nkey

Thank you for your comments and for choosing us. I am happy that you enjoyed your day with us so much, that´s great.

You are quite right; we do charge a bit more than the other options, we do this because the costs of our tour are higher than the other options. The reason that the costs are higher is because we believe that the experience of your adventure is the most important thing. To make sure that all our customers get the best possible experience we do a variety of things differently to the other options available; for example we only work with small groups, we provide complete and good quality equipment, we provide a changing room with lockers and we end the tour at my office with a pisco sour/beer and snack for the whole group and the guides to finish off the day and say goodbye!

Thanks again for your comments and enjoy the rest of your travels, Richard

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Patagonia Experience is one of many establishments on Pucon High Street offering outdoor adventures, including trips to climb Volcan Villarica. We took this climb. Patagonia Experience isn't the cheapest but we don't think they can be bettered.
All equipment was provided, and all was in excellent condition. Instructions were clear and precise. The guides were patient and friendly, showing at all times their concern for our safety and wellbeing.
Group size is always small, with minimum 2 guides. On the slopes we saw groups with more than 20 climbers, and some groups poorly and/or inadequately equipped - some without crampons or proper boots.
After the magnificent descent (mainly by "bumski"), Patagonia Experience provided a fascinating debriefing, with refreshments. Also a free visit to a thermal spa for a later date.
First-class customer care.
Visited January 2013

1  Thank trishafine
Patagonia E, Gerente at Patagonia Experience - Volcan Villarrica Snow & Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Hola trishafin...

Thank yo for your comments and thank you for choosing Patagonia Experience for your volcano climbing adventure! I am pleased you had such a good time and hope to see you again.

All the best, Richard

See more reviews
Reviewed January 13, 2014

It's billed as no. 3 in Chile's top ten and a climb to the top of volcano Villarrica near Pucon certainly lives up to expectations. Make no mistake it's a full-on day, exhausting and exhilarating in equal measures. People have died up there and so they only allow qualified mountaineers and guides on the volcano. For your own safety, and to get the most out of the experience, it's also really important to go with a good 'tour' company that have good guides and good equipment - ice axes, crampons, boots, clothing etc. My partner and I are not young and this was a lifetime challenge. Our priority was to find people who could allow us to 'do' the whole thing but watch out for us at the same time. We ended with 'Patagonia Experience' located in the centre of Pucon and couldn't have been more satisfied - or better cared for. Number of people in our group was limited to 8, the equipment was complete and good quality and the guides were seriously concerned with our safety as well as ensuring the best experience possible. Couldn't fault them. We saw a lot of other tour companies, not a lot cheaper, that skimped on equipment and had groups of 30 or more! My advice - go for it, but choose who with carefully.

1  Thank FrankHodgson

Hola FrankHodg...

Thank you for choosing us to do your Volcano Villarrica climb and thanks for your great comments. Our focus here at Patagonia Experience is the quality of the whole experience; from making the booking right through to finishing the tour in our cafe with a nice cup of hot chocolate or a pisco sour! We understand the importance of good equipment and good guides and always take the time and patience to give our guests the best possible chance of completing their adventure.

Thanks again and all the best, Richard

Travelers who viewed Patagonia Experience - Volcan Villarrica Snow & Adventure also viewed

Pucon, Araucania Region
Pucon, Araucania Region

Been to Patagonia Experience - Volcan Villarrica Snow & Adventure? Share your experiences!