“Really professional and trust worthy company”

Patagonia Experience - Volcan Villarrica Snow & Adventure
Ranked #2 of 45 Tours in Pucon
More attraction details
Owner description: Patagonia Experience is a fully certified tour operator based in Pucon Chile. We offer a range of adventures and services from climbing the most active volcano in Chile; Volan Villarrica / Volcano Villarrica and rafting the famous Rio Trancura to organising accommodation and transport. We are proud to have been awarded the Senatur Seal of Quality and work to provide the highest quality in every area of our business. Together with our team, provide a specialised service for customers from all over the world. Our bi-lingual staff can help you with all your enquiries about Pucon, from planning your whole trip to advising where you can find the nearest ATM machine. We only work with professional guides and top quality technical equipment, we keep our groups small to ensure a personalised experience and provide a number of extra services with our tours that you won't find elsewhere. If you are planning a trip to this most beautiful part of the world we can help make it the best possible experience for you and all your travelling companions! We look forward to seeing you soon, Patagonia Experience.
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Really professional and trust worthy company”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We arrived in Pucon with the one goal - to climb the volcano! We had heard stories of companies that didn't take safety seriously and so researched the best options and decided on Patagonia Experience - and what a great choice. They were very honest with us about the chances of being able to climb due to the weather and made us feel safe and confident about the climb. Unfortunately the weather was too bad for us to climb the volcano but we did a small 3 hour hike through the woods and some sliding down the snow instead - brilliant fun and still some great views. Joaquin and Pepo were great guides and made the hike fun despite our disappointment. We plan to return to Pucon to conquer the volcano and will definitely be choosing Patagonia Experience.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank BobnTracie
Patagonia E, Gerente at Patagonia Experience - Volcan Villarrica Snow & Adventure, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Hi BobnTracie,

Thanks for your great comments guys and thank you for choosing Patagonia Experience! I´m sorry you weren´t able to get to climb the volcano this time around, the weather is always a key factor in the mountains.

It is very important to us that all our customers understand the factors that can affect their tours so that each can make an informed decision as to what they want to do, this way we can assure that everyone has the best experience possible in the moment.

I am glad you enjoyed the trekking at the base of the volcano and I will be sure to pass you thanks onto both Pepo and Joaquin.

All the best guys and we looking forward to seeing you both again, Richard.

Belo Horizonte, MG
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Best crew to climb the volcano with!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Patagonia Experience is definitely the best crew you can get to climb the Vilarica volcano in Pucón, Chile! I visited Pucón with my wife (which is afraid of heights) and was convincing her to go along the climb all the way till we got to Pucón. She was afraid of the dangers and wasn't sure she would climb with me. We went to ALL the travel agencies in the city and check every single one of them about safety protocols, equipment, planing, guides, etc. Patagonia Experience was the only one my wife felt safe with, and climbed the volcano! Today she remembers the climb as one of the best travel experiences we had. They're very professional, and I can't remember of a single complaint about them! Definitely worth it!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Rodrigo A
Patagonia E, Gerente at Patagonia Experience - Volcan Villarrica Snow & Adventure, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Hi Rodrigo A

Thank you so much for your excellent comments; it makes me very proud to hear that out of all the agencies in Pucón your wife felt we were the best! I will be sure to pass your comments onto my team; I know they will be very happy to hear them.

Thanks again for choosing Patagonia Experience and all the very best to both of you, Richard
Berlin, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Team, Great Experiences!”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Hey my name is Svea and I spent about 5 days in Pucon. We (me, my boyfriend and his family) did the Villarica volcano Trip and the rafting "alto" which means "high level". To begin with, the rafting was great. it was aubout 3hours of white water, pure adrenalin and action!They have great(and dangerous) Waterfalls and currents there (Level 4, 3-7 meters free fall) but we always felt safe. especially because the raftig boat was followed by a man in kayak(by the way he's member of the national kayaking team of Chile) who would have rescued us in case of emergency. It was good fun, we had a great guide ,brand new equipment and i would defenitely recommend it to everyone!

The volcano trip was great aswell. Its great to stand on the summit and just enjoy the view!The guides were super nice, spoke english and the trip in general was organised carefully. we noticed that our equipment(Boots,ice picks and overalls) was better than the equipment of many other groups who went up to the summit that day.

On top of that the guide filmed our trips with a videocamera on his helmet. we got "our" video for free and we really enjoyed watching our "patagonia experience"!

So summing up I really enjoyed the trips with patagonia because You get a lot for your money and people are very professional and friendly.

Visited January 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

2 Thank Svea_13
Patagonia E, Gerente at Patagonia Experience - Volcan Villarrica Snow & Adventure, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Hola Svea_13

Thank you for your fantastic comments and it´s great to get some feedback on our rafting trip :) I am very happy you and your family had such a good time here in Pucón. All the very best and thank you for choosing Patagonia Experience,

Richard
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We contacted patagonia experience to climb the Villarica. We got all the needed information about the safety and the trip. Very nice welcom. We were a group of 6 and two guides. One key word is safety. The guides were really nice, funny, encouraging. An element that may be important is the equipment. With patagonia experience you receive the full package and it is not the case everywhere. When it is snowy, this is essential. That was a wonderful experience for all of us. Great memories and pictures. We found the organization so great that we came back the next day for another activity (that was really nice either). So I definitely recommand this activity !

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Geoffrey M
Hola Geoffrey M

Greetings from Pucón! Thank you very much for your comments, I am glad you had a good trip with us. It is an important factor for us that the tour isn´t just safe and professional, but it is entertaining as well, Joaquin our chief guide certainly keeps things entertaining!

All the best and thank you for choosing us, Richard
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Climbed the volcano with these guys. Without a doubt the friendliest agency I've ever delt with. The owner made sure I understood all the risks before I committed to it, and we also had a bit of a chat. ( I now have a location to mountain bike in the south of Chile!). The climb itself was fantastic. We were the smallest group on the mountain, we had the best kit by far, and Oaquin (The guide) made sure we felt secure at all times. We took it at a slow pace and Oaquin was always shouting encouragement. These are the guys to do the volcano with. The biscuits and beer at the end of the climb was a nice bonus too! Can't recommend them more

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Calumn T
Hola Calumn T!

Greetings from Pucón! Thank you for choosing Patagonia Experience and thank you for your great comments. In all our tours we provide complete equipment and we always keep that equipment maintained and in good condition; when activities have any associated risks it´s super important to have good equipment to keep you safe and safety is always our primary concern.

All the very best, Richard

Travelers who viewed Patagonia Experience - Volcan Villarrica Snow & Adventure also viewed

Pucon, Araucania Region
Pucon, Araucania Region

Been to Patagonia Experience - Volcan Villarrica Snow & Adventure? Share your experiences!