“Comfortable & Convenient”

Hotel Vientos del Sur
Ranked #5 of 61 Pucon B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We arrived a little early, and were given coffee by the charming Ursula, whilst our room (102) was finished. This was a simple twin room on the ground floor. The beds were comfortable, there was a safety deposit, no A/C but a fan and to be fair, it was much cooler here than what we had experienced thus far. The bathroom was a good size, although over-bath shower was difficult to get in and out of, it having a very high side with the awkward sliding shower doors. Plenty of hot water though and a very powerful shower. No fridge in the room, but I think you can ask to put items in their own fridge. They also provided, on our request, some ice.

Breakfast was very good. A large variety of fresh fruit, beautifully prepared. Cheese, ham, butter and jams. Good bread and rolls. Coffee was not exceptional but good. Fresh tomato and mashed avocado was also available. Alas, the omnipresent under-cooked, to our taste, scrambled eggs. More than enough breakfast though to keep you going.

A very pleasant hotel and we enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank yorkspuds

Reviewed October 16, 2013

The Hotel Vientos Del sur is on a quiet street only a few blocks from the center of Pucon. Our room was on an upper floor and there was a great view of The Volcan Villarrica. The room had a flat screen TV,free WiFi and there were a few parking spaces behind the building. There were lots of restaurants within walking distance and the buffet breakfast was better than most.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Nice hotel placed in Pucon downtown, very close to supermarkets and all kind of stores, just one block from Bernardo O'Higgins Avenue, the Pucon's main street.
The hotel is completelly new. Amazing and confortable king size bed, good central heating, good shower and nice breakfast including juices, breads, cakes, ham, chesse, etc. The best one which we had in Chile.
The parking area is small and the hotel doesn´t have elevator. For us, it wasn´t a problem.
Staff is very polite and they helped us informed the touristc sites around the city.
They also rent extra towels if you decide to visit one of thermic pools in the region.
Don´t forget to ask a room with view to Villa Rica volcano.
Pucon is really a fantastic place to visit in Chile.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dudujeunon
Reviewed April 18, 2013

new hotel, modern, so no cozy typical regional atmosphere, but good choice.
very friendly staff. very clean. we didnt have a room with view to the vulcano, but got one for 3 persons so it was nice spacious. bathrooms are very small.
they have an excellent breakfast! one of the best we had in the lake district.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view to the volcano.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed two different nights in early April.  Rates dropped for the low season.  Seems to have opened within the year or so.  Spanking new new.

Fine folks running the hotel.  A mere block off of main street O'Higgins.

Excellent beds.
Excellent bathroom and hot water.
Excellent WiFi throughout.
Excellent breakfast.
Excellent family runs the hotel.

Paid Ch$49,000 for room with two beds.

I concur with other TripAdvisor reviewers... Spot on.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Turtles_Dragonfles
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 3days last week, and I strongly recommend this place.
The hotel itself was great in every way; good location(just 1 block from the main street and quiet), our room was spacious, clean and cozy, and great staffs and service. they always tried to do their best to help us with smile during our staying. they also borrow towels for people who go rafting or hot spring(even 2 times a day always with smile. )
And the breakfast buffet was one of the best we ever had during our 3 month travel in south america. especially variety of fruits (2 kinds of melon, grape, blueberry, banana, pineapple, peach and something i don't know the name.) with home mad style pie and bread was extraordinary..
But most of all, it's the place that you can really trust even when you are in trouble.
when I left our room to take a early bus to Puerto montt, I was so in a hurry that I forgot to bring my brand new smart phone by mistake. and I realised it after I arrived at Puerto montt. and I found that they already called and sent an e-mail to my husband to let us know that we left phone there. But we're heading to south and our schedule was so tight, so I talked to the hotel manager that we were not able to go back to get it. And he told me that they will send my phone to our next hotel adress in Puerto natales.
And today I finally got the parcel! I'm writing this review with the phone I left in Pucon.

to tell the truth, I didn't expected much that I would be able to get it back.
evenmore, they double wrapped my phone with towel and papers to prevent possible damages during shipping. I have to say I'm really impressed about their honesty, service and good will.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank love10132
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Clean rooms, wifi, good service. Very promt confirming via email. Parking available. 3 minute walk to town centre and the tour outlets / restaurants. Everything you need really for this action town. I'd be happy to stay here again and it offers good value for Pucon. Breakfast not amazing.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple