“Best adventure of our trip!”
Review of Summit Chile

Summit Chile
Ranked #3 of 45 Tours in Pucon
Montreal, Canada
“Best adventure of our trip!”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

This new company was excellent! Great professional guides (1 guide per group of 3 people). The equipment is safe and newly purchased. The owners did not hesitate to answer our questions and encouraged us beforehand. A must to do in Pucon!

• Korean first
Toronto, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fantastic Guide Service”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We used Summit Chile for almost all our guide needs when we were in Pucon, including rock climbing, ascending Volcan Villarrica, and Geometrica hot springs. Claudio was an extremely knowledgeable guide - he is IFMGA certified, and was the national rock climbing champion in Chile for 6 years. Suzi was a big help in finding us things to do on rain/rest days, and even recommending other places in Chile to visit. They really made our trip outstanding.

1 Thank Christina I
Colombo, Sri Lanka
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful experience, Great guides”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

A friend of mine recommended Summit Chile as the best in town, and after climbing the Volcan Villarrica with them, I happen to totally agree.

Unfortunately, my cardiovascular fitness was not sufficient enough to reach the summit - but rather than letting me drop behind (or even worse - forcing me to proceed at a pace I could keep up), one of the guides stayed with me and asked me to proceed slowly at my own pace.

This is NOT the standard practice in Pucon - I observed several of the other agencies totally abandoning their climbers who were too slow.

While the Volcano is not technically difficult, it is not a piece of cake either - and there are several places where you can cause yourself severe injury or death if unprepared. In March 2012, there were 2 such deaths.

The fact that there was 1 guide for each 3 people definitely helped too. I observed a ratio of 1:6 in many agencies, and even higher.

While Summit Chile is somewhat more expensive (45,000 CLP) than the other agencies, I believe that the care and attention they display is more than worth the price.

1 Thank South_Asian
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Epic Adventure!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Meg and I are so happy that we were able go on an adventure with Claudio/Summit Chile. While in Pucon we wanted to climb Villarica but we were looking for a unique experience....Claudio delivered!! What really impressed me was the knowledge that Claudio had of the mountain, it's history and the surrounding area (in addition to his vast climbing/mountaineering skills). It was also about having fun and being safe!! Claudio paid close attention to the people in the group and made very good decisions accordingly. Everyone at Summit Chile was extremely friendly, from the office personnel to the assistant guides! We highly recommend Summit Chile to anyone looking for a unique/epic adventure!!!!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“By far the best!”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My boyfriend and I can't say enough positive things about Summit Chile. It's a top notch agency in absolutely every aspect. Claudio and Suzi are personable, friendly, professional and could not have provided a better experience for us. Claudio has a wealth of knowledge and experience and I can't imagine a better guide. Summit is extremely safety focused, has excellent equipment and we felt at all times that we were in the best hands possible. There are many agencies in Pucon, but Summit is far and away the best, no comparison!

Visited June 2012