“Steal of backpack”

Aguaventura Expediciones Day Tours
Ranked #5 of 47 Tours in Pucon
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in Pucon Chile since 1999 and opened every single day of the year, Aguaventura is a French-run enterprise boosted by its famous trilingual trainees team (english/french/spanish). It offers :- everything that is possible to do in Pucon and in its area, according to the season about thirty activities in average, from traditional tourism to adventure tourism. (Ascent of the different volcanoes of the area, Rafting, Hydrospeed, Ducky, River Kayak, River Trekking, Canyonin, Canopy, Tree Adventure, Bungee Jumping, Swing Jumping (Puenting), SkyDiving, Paragliding, Tour Plane, Helicopter, MotoCross 230cc, Jeep Tour, Quad/ATV, Mountain Bike, Horseback Riding, Husky Sled Dog, Bird Watching, Fly Fishing, River Snorkeling, Hot springs, Tour of the Area, Volcanic caves, Hiking & Trekkings.)- Travel agency and Tour Operator services :Car renting, cruses, tours, personalized and thematical trips.- every kind of equipment you could need : To rent, material for camping, trekking, mountain, ski freeride/freestyle & cross-country ski, , snowboard & splitboard, water & whitewater, GoPro camera For sale, the brands Julbo, Rossignol, Burton, Dakine, GoProRepresentative in Chile as importer, distributor and seller of various brands : Simond, , APO, Fizan, Black Crows, Rhino, Cairn, Gecko, Technique Extrême, NST, Kunzmann
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The trip would be perfect if it was not a robbery that happened to me while I left my backpack in tourism agency. They took US$ 200.00 and my Ipod nano.
Initially I thought I had dropped into the van excursion pachamamabybus because i thought i had lost only the mp3 player. Then I discovered that my emergency money had also vanished. The only time my moneybelt and my mp3 player stood together, away from me, during the whole trip was on the expedition to the volcano.
The tour was good, but one of the team took advantage of the excursion would leave the next day to ride and took goods that you do not usually get checking every hour.
No distrust this place because the ride was not cheap and alerts thefts were more to shifts in the cities or in hostels. I was there thrusday 19/03.
Caution to lock things never hurts!

3  Thank Leonardo S

Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

We climbed the volcano near the end of march and the entire experience was amazing. We liked the company so much we are going back to the geometricas with them.

I am astounded by the poor reviews about not understanding the difficulty. You can stand nearly anywhere in Pucon and see the very large, steep, and glacier covered volcano!

The guides did an outstanding job putting safety first, demonstrating how to use all of the equipment and demonstrating what to do in the event of a fall. If you were having technical difficulties they worked one on one (we had a 1 to 3 guide/tourist ratio) to ensure that you were comfortable in the equipment and could continue to the summit.

1  Thank Joshuatchristian
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Based on old Lonely Planet review, I've chosen this agency for Vulcan Villarrica climb. Had a great day!

Here are some impressions. First, reservation system through their site does not work. Make sure to send an e-mail or call. French stuff could be a bit more friendly since all Chileans are :) Whole trip was well explained (also details on the Internet site). But, I really did not need 2 liters of water and all that food, and back pack was heavy already with all that stuff we have carried.

Equipment is really old and worn out. My backpack buckles kept opening up and I was totally wet after the sliding in the snow. We were looking with envy to some other groups' equipment. Guys, you should invest a bit :)

And now about what most people complain about and that is the pace of climbing. It is true that it's mostly fitted for well experienced people (not me :), mostly man. 2 out of 3 women from my group did not make it. And some do argue that they were not allowed to proceed according to their own pace.

As I was the one of the slowest in the group, I have to say that guides have helped me amazingly with everything in order to keep going (although checking my condition). Especially Ruben and Alvaro. Thank you guys once more!

So, maybe the agency should ask people about their fitness condition and stress about possibilities and times that have to be kept (like difference of the fastest and the slowest) in order to prevent misunderstandings.

2  Thank Antonija P
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I climbed Mount Villarrica volcano with the Aguaventura tour company. I am rating the climb a 5 as the guides were very good and the experience though very physically challenging was very rewarding. I do not recommend Aguaventura as an outfitter or tour company for several reasons. I feel they did not do a good job of preparing me for the climb in explaining how demanding it can be both physically and emotionally. Also the equipment that I had was very old. The jacket and pants had holes in them. The sled pants had 3 broken buckles and the crampons were old and rusty and hard to adjust. It seams the front office staff is all about selling and not about delivery. I did the climb and the Thermal Springs with them the same weekend and I would not use them again. I rate the tour company a 2. Not recommended.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We booked through this agency for a day trip to Geometricas and the following day a trip up to the Volcano. The french delegation are very friendly, the guides were fab for the volcano. I'll start with the Geometricas..
Aguaventura basically subcontracted this out- had nothing to do with them. Felt the price was VERY steep - $35K. We were told by them the bus ride out would be about an hour and 15 min. - in actual fact it was closer to 2.5 hours. (would have been nice to know in advance). So we had 3 hours in the pools. They also said to bring a lunch if we wanted - but there was food there. We were not told, however that you are not allowed to EAT your lunch there. This would also have been nice to know. Geometricas itself was a fab place, no complaints but it's a bit of a trek getting there. We did mention this to one of the guys there and he seemed to genuinely care.

Villaricca - this they said they ran from start to finish and for the same price is much more bang for your buck $47K includes all technical gear, expert guides. They kept a good pace matched with our group of about 24 - and took breaks regularly enough. My only minor comment here is that no one every mentioned the difficulty of the climb, one's ability, etc. It's assumed that if you want to climb a volcano, you know what you're in for. The ski lift was not working, so we had no choice but to walk the extra hour up hill - it took us almost 6 hours to get to the top and it's a tough climb. You'd better be in decent if not good shape. Sadly, we got to the top and the crater was covered in cloud - our weather was not the best. I think the badge of honor is really in just making it to the top. The butt sliding back down was good fun - the views are stunning. It could be a somewhat dangerous climb for some - but again, there were enough guides that a few people from our group returned early - and there was a guide to take them down. Would recommend the Volcano trip with these guys - they rock. But know what you're getting in to!!!