“company to climb vulcano!”

Aguaventura Expediciones Day Tours
Ranked #7 of 43 Tours in Pucon
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in Pucon Chile since 1999 and opened every single day of the year, Aguaventura is a French-run enterprise boosted by its famous trilingual trainees team (english/french/spanish). It offers :- everything that is possible to do in Pucon and in its area, according to the season about thirty activities in average, from traditional tourism to adventure tourism. (Ascent of the different volcanoes of the area, Rafting, Hydrospeed, Ducky, River Kayak, River Trekking, Canyonin, Canopy, Tree Adventure, Bungee Jumping, Swing Jumping (Puenting), SkyDiving, Paragliding, Tour Plane, Helicopter, MotoCross 230cc, Jeep Tour, Quad/ATV, Mountain Bike, Horseback Riding, Husky Sled Dog, Bird Watching, Fly Fishing, River Snorkeling, Hot springs, Tour of the Area, Volcanic caves, Hiking & Trekkings.)- Travel agency and Tour Operator services :Car renting, cruses, tours, personalized and thematical trips.- every kind of equipment you could need : To rent, material for camping, trekking, mountain, ski freeride/freestyle & cross-country ski, , snowboard & splitboard, water & whitewater, GoPro camera For sale, the brands Julbo, Rossignol, Burton, Dakine, GoProRepresentative in Chile as importer, distributor and seller of various brands : Simond, , APO, Fizan, Black Crows, Rhino, Cairn, Gecko, Technique Extrême, NST, Kunzmann
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“company to climb vulcano!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

did the volcano tour with them, group was rather large but enough and really professional guides, we put our mountain equipment (jackets and trousers) only on when it was needed, other companies let you put it on from the beginning which is very sweaty especially on a hot day like ours, tour was real fun, pretty slow and relaxed ascent, beautiful views and fun sliding down!! and we got cold beer in the end!

Cleveland Heights, Ohio, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Excellent guides for the Villarrica Volcano”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited Pucon in November 2011. We are in very good shape and wanted to hike the Volcano, but I have rather severe problems with altitude, despite being a regular rock climber, back packer, and runner. Although the volcano is under 10,000 feet (the height at which most people begin to notice significant difficulties), I wanted to make sure we went with a company that would be sensitive to my issues.

We spoke with the Aguaventura guides who assured us that they would do everything to ensure that I made it to the top, but that there would be a guide who could go back with me if it turned out I couldn't make it.

We arrived at around 5:30am at the guide shop to collect our gear (fitted to us the night before) and pile into the vans to drive up the mountain. The drive took about 45mins and was quite pretty. We hiked up to the ski lift on the Volcano. Normally you get a choice of riding the ski lift 1000' up and starting the climb at that point OR skipping the ski lift and hiking the whole thing. However, because the weather wasn't great that day, the guides had us all take the ski lift in order to have a better chance at summitting the volcano before the weather turned for the worse.

After the ski lift, the group automatically split itself in 2 as the faster hikers began to pull away from the slower ones. Two guides went with each group. I started with the faster hikers (feeling pretty good at 3000 feet or so), but around the 6,000 foot mark, I started really feeling the elevation and joined the slower group. My boyfriend was still feeling great and stayed with the faster group all the way to the summit.

A little further on, 2 members of our slower group decided to turn back and one of our two guides happily helped them down the mountain. The remaining 4 of us slower hikers continued on with our guide.

I nearly made it to the summit, but just 300 feet short of the top, I started stumbling and having some real difficulty breathing. Luckily the faster group had already made the summit and were returning, so I was able to rejoin their group on the way down, leaving the remainder of the slow group with a guide to continue to the summit.

The way down the mountain is really great also, you sit on little plastic sleds and slide down snow chutes most of the way, only needing to walk the last 1000' or so. SO much fun!

The guides were excellent throughout the entire trek. They made sure everyone stopped to eat and drink water at regular intervals. They were extremely helpful and very accommodating when I started really feeling badly. While I (and my fellow hikers) were very happy to be able to continue to the summit (they made it!), our guide would have absolutely turned around for me and taken us down had the other group not been started down already.

We had drinks and snacks with the guides back at the shop. They were all very friendly and we shared back packing and rock climbing stories for a good while before heading home.

I also want to make it clear that most people don't have drastic problems with altitude below 10,000 feet so my story shouldn't deter you from giving it a try. Even on a cloudy day, the views are fantastic and you feel so accomplished even if you don't make it all the way to the top. Aguaventura has great guides, safe equipment, and were well organized. While every group is different and they can't guarantee you won't have to turn back, I feel like they really make and effort to have the right number of guides so that everyone who wants to get to the top can, but anyone who can't make it can still turn back.

Visited November 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not for inexperienced climbers”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Chose this shop based on guidebook reviews. When we signed up, they said that they were all right for inexperienced climbers and that we could climb at our own pace. They said that they had enough guides so that if some people climbed a bit slower than others, there would be a guide for them too.

My partner and I started at a reduced pace and we had a guide with us at the start. We were the second-slowest in the group, ahead of one lady. About halfway up the climb, a guide told us that the lady behind us wanted to stop her climb and we had two choices: quit now or catch up to the group ahead of us and go at their pace. I couldn't match their pace (that's why I was behind!) so unfortunately I had to quit. Very disappointing, because I wasn't done attempting the climb.

I told the manager at the shop what had happened but nothing was done about it.

Overall, I would say this may be a great company if you're confident in your ability to make the climb at a good pace, but you may wish to look elsewhere if you aren't an experienced climber.

1 Thank Andrew E
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great equipment and safety conscious guides.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Really great experience climbing the volcano. The guides were always checking conditions to ensure safety of the group.
Make sure you confirm your reservation more than once. We were one of the first to book and then were told we didn't confirm (even though we did). It is expensive but worth it, even if you don't reach the top.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic Tour, Brilliant company!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

We completed the Volcano hiking tour in early December with this company and LOVED IT!!!
The tour was very well organized with all information upfront. The equipment used was excellent, and it was made very clear how and when to use it.
We initially had quite a large group, but due to the weather conditions, only a few people completed the climb. This was probably to our benefit!!
The number of guides provided was excellent, with them more than willing to help if needed, and manage the pace of the climb to the varying group abilities.
Overall, an amazing experience, made even better for booking with a first-class company!