“Climbing Villiarrica” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Paredon Andes Expeditions

Paredon Andes Expeditions
Ranked #33 of 64 things to do in Pucon
More attraction details
Owner description: PAREDON Andes Expeditions, an adventure tourism and nature agency dedicated to the organization of expeditions, ascents and trekking in the Andes Mountain Range, Chile.Our agency made up of a qualified and professional team of Mountain guides who have more than 20 years’ experience summiting peaks in the Andes. It distinguishes itself by offering a personalised service.
Portland, Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Climbing Villiarrica”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2011

While attending a conference in Pucon I was told that “A Must” is to climb the Villiarrica Volcano. Although I am an experienced hiker, I decided to hire a guide, as I wanted to make sure I could completely enjoy the experience. Also, as I was organizing the climb for others who were attending the conference, I thought it prudent to use a guide service. I searched the internet and fortunately chose Paredon Expeditions. Mauricio and Isabel and their guide team were fantastic. They provided us with everything we needed – boots, ice axe, ‘sliding pants’ and all outer gear – all of high quality and in great condition; all we had to provide was warm under garments, lunch and water. We had excellent instruction, and I appreciated the fact that Mauricio and the guides all took their responsibility very seriously, yet were still able to joke and have fun with us. Since the weather forecast for our departure day was ‘Perfect’ Mauricio got us off to an early start, as he knew there would be many people climbing. I am thankful for the early departure, as we were the first group to summit, making it a much more enjoyable experience. It also allowed us to get back to Pucon mid-afternoon, where we were treated to lots of beer and enjoyable munchies.

Visited March 2011