“Friendly, Fun, AMAZING”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Friendly, Fun, AMAZING”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

On a rainy day in Pucon we stumbled upon this bar and WOW. Rob the owner was so friendly, helpful and a good laugh. Service was top noche, food was rirdculously nice, to die for pretty much! We went for lunch and spent 5 hours their, had two bottles of very well priced champagne (sparkling wine), met the owners wife his little girl Dublin and had such a laugh. Even if i wasnt to drink and it wasnt't rainy i genuinely think i would have stayed their for 5 hours as the food was so good we both kept ordering and atmosphere bloody great too. Thanks for a good time guys, you made our rainy day a bloody great day!

• Visited August 2012

Temuco, Chile
“A Taste of Home”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

My husband and I have been living in Chile for seven months and needless to say, we have been missing our New Mexican cuisine! On a weekend trip to Pucon we found a menu from Latitude 39 in our hostel. Immediately our eyes were drawn to the tacos- which are very hard to come by in southern Chile! We sought the place out and were immediately at home. The owner, Rob, came out and chatted with us while we were waiting for our lunch. My husband had the beef tacos and I went for the blue cheese burger. During the meal we hardly spoke- we inhaled our food in complete bliss. The ingredients were fresh, the food full of flavor, and the quality spectacular. The red roasted salsa was from the owners' own garden and impressively spicy! Rob's wife came out towards the end and gave us tips on the town and we finished our drinks, remembering. The experience really sent us back home for few sweet moments. We look forward to returning.

• Visited March 2012
“Good gringo food at good prices. Outstanding service.”
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Great laid back raft-guide place. Went for the 2 for 1 tacos on Tuesdays. The tacos were ok but everyone at the table raved about their burgers. Fantastic beers from which to choose. Outstanding friendly an helpful service. Only down note was they were out of all the desserts on the menu. Definitely recommend!

nyc
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A home a way from home--only with better food!”
Reviewed December 21, 2011

A local guide reccomended Latitude 39 to my wife and I as an unpretentious place with very good food at the right prices... boy, was she right. The owners were fabulous -- open and welcoming. Although the aesthetics were basic, the place has a definite vibe which grows on you. And the food was wonderful-so good in fact, that we came back for a much needed real breakfast the next morning. Now, some may understandably question why a traveler would want to eat the same kind of food he or she eats at home. However, when you've been on the road for a while, and working the body real hard, there is something almost spiritual in reewarding onself with (well prepared) home country cusine. Don't miss it!

• Visited December 2011
Santiago, Chile
“The staff, service and food is not good anymore !”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I came for a nice meal but instead I got a a plain food, not flavour in it, when I returned the dish and payed the bill, the "owner" was unacceptable rude to me, infront all the customers who were there. She literally shut at me with no reason and asked me to not order that dish again or come to the place again !! so obiously I didnt enjoy my dinner and I´m not coming back again.
I have eaten in this restaurant several times and it´s not the first time the service and staff specially the owner is not nice to a customer. If you go out for food, you obiously expect a good service and a nice meal right ?

• Visited November 2011