“Incredibly disappointing”
Review of Viva Peru

Viva Peru
Ranked #59 of 157 Restaurants in Pucon
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Valparaiso, Chile
“Incredibly disappointing”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I don't know where to begin on how disappointing this lunch was --

We ordered tiradito as per the waiter's recommendation - basically ceviche with bigger pieces of fish and an egg/lime sauce. What we got was a couple of pathetic strips of tilapia and tiny shrimp swimming in way too much sauce. Overall, not worth the CH$8000 it cost.

We also ordered the octopus in olive sauce which was also pretty horrible. The pulpo itself was obviously recently thawed and completely tasteless. The sauce was a horrible putrid color and had nothing redeemable taste-wise.

Finally, the aji de gallina was the saving grace of the entire meal, but only because it tasted just like my mom's arroz con pollo from when I was a kid. It had solid consistency, taste, and color and should I ever find myself in Viva Peru again, I'll order that and only that dish. That said, I have no intention of ever returning here. What a waste of money.

• Visited October 2012

australia
“Awesome Cerbiche!”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We had a delicious dinner here - the cerbiche was excellent, the service very friendly and a great atmosphere!

Visited August 2012
Hong Kong, China
“good peruvian restaurant centrally located in Pucon”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I went to this restaurant on my last day on Pucon. The restaurant is centrally located in town and serves eruvian dishes and a great peruvian pisco sour. I tried chicharron de calamar and was good. I recommend this restaurant, because it serves different food than what you most get in Pucon.

• Visited July 2012
Curacautin, Chile
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“oh my god peruvian food is so awesome”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

everyone told me to try it, and i had high expectations, oh my goodness it was so delicious, absolutely amazing meal.

Visited December 2011
Los Angeles, CA
“Fun Restaurant Tasty Food”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Great location right in Pucon, nice design, tasty food

Visited February 2012