“dreamy theater”

and up
Llanquihue Town Tour from Puerto Varas
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Frutillar
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I visited the theater as part of my day trip to Frutillar. Just as I approached the building I felt the journey had begun. Beautiful architecture, a wooden construction that follows the trend in Chilean Southern buildings, yet with a moder twist that adds some nice palet of colors that blends with the unique background of the lake. There were no performances the day I visited, however, there is an art gallery inside that I believe has exhibitions all year round. Had a coffee overlooking the lake (internet available), there was a nice range of pastry choices too. Good prices. Also, I understand the place has a geothermal heating system, something quite unique in the country (green energies usage), which makes this atraction not also pretty, but sustainable.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"patagonia"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Unfortunately during our stay, there weren't any performances on the dates we were in Frutillar. What we did do was enjoy their lakeside bar/restaurant. It was a beautiful sunny day when my husband and I walked over to the teatro and sat outside and enjoyed a glass of wine while taking in the beautiful views. If visiting Frutillar, try to plan ahead so you can enjoy what we've only seen online; the inside of the beautiful theatre floating on the lake.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I would say Seiji Osawa or Rafael Frubeck de Burgos would be as pleased (well, almost as pleased) to experience Frutillar and Teatro del Lago as they have in Lenox and Tanglewood.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This beautiful modern concert hall is made of local woods, stunningly positioned into the lake at Frutillar. Walk around it in the day and admire the views. Great reasonably-priced cafe overlooking the lake with sofas and internet. Good ice-cream shop - I had marzipan ice-cream for the first time! Gift-shop with quality stuff, and prices to match.
In the evening we attended a concert during the annual 'musical weeks' event. Lovely concert hall with really comfortable chairs and good acoustics. Truly brilliant performance by the Chile National Youth Orchestra. Wine and interesting juices available in the interval, overlooking the stunning volcano. A perfect place, a perfect experience. We had good weather too.