“A very pleasant experience”

Garibaldi Italian Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #101 of 11,380 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Core
Description: Garibaldi is one of Singapore’s most popular and respected Italian restaurant landmarks.Located along the trendy Purvis Street, Garibaldi provides a fine example of a stylish Italian eatery –modern, elegant yet friendly and dynamic. The contemporary and hip atmosphere has helped to make “Garibaldi” a classic Singapore social gathering place.Distinguished for its fascinating character and strong identity, the atmosphere in the main dining area is always stylish without being stuffy.The enticing menu emphasizes authentic Italian cuisine prepared with the best ingredients mainly imported directly from Italy.The elegant bar offers a great selection of wines by the glass and excellent cocktails; it is the perfect setting for social gatherings and events.The success of Garibaldi is based on serving well-prepared Italian food, executed with explicitness and taste and served with flair, care and attention.
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My wife and I had lunch at Garibaldi during Singapore's Restaurant Week. My expectations of Restaurant Week menus weren't as high as, say, ordering from the a la carte menu. But the restaurant did a good job of it - delicious octopus salad appetiser, followed by a cray pasta main, and completed with an Italian take on apple pie.

The restaurant decor was pleasant with dark wood giving it a slightly sophisticated interior. And service was attentive but discreet. I'd certainly consider a repeat visit although it should probably be for dinner next time,

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Purvis Street, behind Raffles Hotel is no longer the center of activity it once was before Marina Bay Sands opened. This means you can actually get a table at Garibaldi, enjoy a fabulous Italian meal and have a conversation without having to yell. The backround music is Italian and the food exactly what one would eat at a very good restaurant in Italy. Chef/owner Roberto Galetti always has the freshest of seasonal produce and the regular menu or set meal are always appealing. His specials really are special as they are what is best at the market that day and therefore change often. The prices are well within the norm for a restaurant of this level and when I want Italian food this is where I come. Roberto will make special dishes if he has the ingredients even if the dish isn't on the menu. This isn't a place to come for a pizza with screaming children, but rather a sofisticated but not snobby venue for a great meal accompanied by a great bottle of wine. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it for a romantic dinner, a business lunch or dinner or just a "let's have Italian food tonight" place!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

In my recent trip to Singapore, I went to Garibaldi's to have some food with colleagues and we ordered a wide range of food. what I really liked about the place was the ambience.
the food was good too, I wont say it was the best Italian I have had, but it was decent enough.
the wine selection there is pretty good too.
so if you want to head to a place for a quite and nice meal with a great wine selection and money is not an issue I would definitely recommend Garibaldi

Reviewed August 26, 2012

If you are looking for an original Italian wine&food tasting then this restaurant is absolutely what you need!
After many many days of lovely Indonesian food we really needed the taste of our Italian food and after a quick research we ended it up at Garibaldi:Italian music,Italian wines,Italian sparkling water and a Great Unique Italian Chef:Roberto Galetti.
We introduced to him and he welcomed us with is nice Blue eyes and a genuine big smile!He took care of us all the time and made me wonderful seafood spaghetti!Mozzarella tasted exactly like home and he told me that every day it is delivered from Caserta!!!OMG this is amazing!
The whole meal was a great experience and Roberto now is a good friend to us.GRAZIE Roberto we love you long time!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is a well known Singapore restaurant. Food standards are usually quite good. HOwever prices are at the high. Set lunches at 39++ are also at the high end.
Other similar quality restaurants can do lunch at about 29++ which is better value.

However if you want to impress guests and if you are on a corporate spending account - this is a great choice.