“Good chance popiah”

Cuisines: Singaporean
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed May 10, 2012

The service is so terrible when i visit with my family. Firstly most important is the service is not standard as i find the tall guy at the shop serving & taking orders, attidude is very bad and show a bad face as if we consumers own him something whereby we here is to enjoy the food. Secondly the hygiene is not well take care, as i eat i can see a short strand of hair on the bottom of the plate when going to finish the food. Overall this two points is enough for me not to go there anymore. There is far more better food out there and more hygiene in singapore.

Reviewed September 6, 2008

I do not feel that is a bad service, after reading the review I went down to try the Food, after trying I really feel that it is the best Popiah , U must really go and try it.

Ya i agree that the place mostly full house and the staff is busy but they still repreat their order. Maybe they have IMPROVE in this few month. I recommend you to go down and try so u will know how the food and service is like.

2  Thank Xavien
Reviewed July 4, 2008

Dated 4 Jul 2008

Today is my 2nd visit to this restaurant together with my hubby and mum. Actually, I am pregnant and have great craving for popiah since a week ago. However, to my disappointment, their service standard was terrible.

I reached there at 7.05pm and the restaurant was quite packed. I had asked to take order for at least 3 times before one of the service staff, a bespec young man, approached me. He took order but did not repeat the order.

Next, he came with wrong order. I had placed order for 1 no. of medium pot of popiah veg but he came with 1 small pot of popiah veg. When I confronted him, he said that he would send me another small pot of popiah veg. I agreed and reminded him to deliver me the remaining items, fried rice and drinks. About 40 min later, our drinks came and followed by the fried rice. However, there was no sign of another small pot of popiah veg. Again, we reminded him and 2 of the other service staff but seemed to me, there was not much action taken. I was abit puzzled.

About another 8 min later, the bespec young man, my order taker, came to me and informed me that we had to wait long for our popiah veg. I asked him how long roughly do we need to wait but he never answer to my question. Instead, he forced me to take something else which was not my preference at all (oily food: I won’t take coz I might puke or feel uncomfortable). Needless to say, I was furious as I never came across “hard selling” in this aspect. He couldn’t even explain clearly to me that why I have to wait so long for my remaining dish as in the 1st place, he gave me the wrong order. He was pushy about other dishes and in the end, I cancelled my remaining order. We left with frustration. I told myself never to patronise in this restaurant again. We paid for food (not cheap, 1 popiah for S$2++) and yet we have to suffer all this nonsense.

Just to share……...

1  Thank SingaporeRestaurants
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed March 21, 2008

Used to be much better.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 7, 2008

Sometimes having a simple fare once in a blue moon for a change is an excellent idea too. I have been patronising this restaurant for almost a decade since it was at it's previous location. This restaurant is opened by a former national basketball player turned national coach. Do-it-yourself(DIY) popiah is what makes this restaurant unique, it is also being recommended in Straits Times website - - STOMP. What I would suggest 1st timers to try would be Hokkien Mee, deep fried prawn paste chicken, stir-fried tang hoon, fish head with yam soup and definitely not forgetting the popiah. Other dishes which I have tried and think are good - - Chili slipper lobster, Hong Kong style steam seabass, Sambal deep fried promfret.

2  Thank W LM Singapore