“OK, but expensiv even for a hotel restaurant”

Dolce Vita at Mandarin Oriental
Ranked #139 of 10,515 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Marina Bay
Description: Welcome to a new era of traditional Italian cuisine at the award-winning Dolce Vita, presented with a contemporary touch by Chef De Cuisine Marco Manocchio. Chef Manocchio has worked in some of Italy's finest restaurants and he is passionate about retaining the true flavour of traditional Italian cuisine. Freshness of produce and selection of the finest seasonal ingredients have always been of paramount importance for Chef Marco and he translates this belief into his creations at Dolce Vita. Wine connoisseurs will appreciate the impressive selection of fine wines available. Dolce Vita has won awards such as "Singapore's Top Restaurant" 2011 to 2014 by Wine and Dine, "Singapore's Best Restaurant" 2010 to 2015 by Singapore Tatler and Wine Spectator Best of Award of Excellence 2014 to 2016.
Zurich
“OK, but expensiv even for a hotel restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

It is ok, but not more. The view is nice and the service a bit above average. However if you consider the prices for what you get, then it is too expensive, even for a hotel restaurant.

• Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
“Very nice view, super service, great food !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

We chose the Dolce Vita to have a romantic dinner and treat ourselves. We were very happy with the result ! We had dinner on the terrace - the view is very nice with the MBS, and the lights from the swimming pool. The indoor part looks very cosy as well.

Service was great, and we decided to go for a 3 course menu. Food was very good but not exceptional. The wine was high standard !
We had 3 course dinner*2, 2 glasses of Champagne, 1 glass of wine, 2 bottle of water, for about $370 all included.
At the end, the bill is quiet high but it worth the scenary dinner, so romantic ! Perfect night and perfect atmosphere !

I would just add one thing; I would advice the Management not to allow children in the pool at dinner time - we had children playing in the pool, there were quiet noisy. Luckily they did not stay for a long time… but it could have ruined our romantic dinner !

• Visited June 2014
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Gorgeous Italian, decent wine list”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

Loved eating here, hard to think it's in the middle of Singapore....enjoyed superb seafood pasta. Excellent staff and service. Sit outside if you can.

• Visited March 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Great dining treat with splendid view of Marina Bay and cityscape”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

Many years ago, I was invited by a Room Sales Executive for a 'tour' of the Mandarin Oriental. It was then I was first 'introduced' to Dolce Vita, a fine dining Italian restaurant by the poolside. I was so impressed with the setting and the view across the fondly remembered 'Esplanade' that I set my heart on dining here one day. So finally my husband and I were invited to dinner with the option of choosing my 'dream' restaurant. We were a group of 8 and were allocated a long table right at the front. Service was pleasant enough but not particularly outstanding. The service staff seemed to be busy shuttling about with guests seated outside by the pool. We were served an amuse bouche which was a 'miss' so most of us left it unfinished. For starters, I had Cream of Pumpkin Soup ($16). They served the cubes of pumpkin in a soup dish and then poured the soup out from a pot. My husband had the Tortellini ai Pomodori secchi e pecorino which is hand crafted tortellini stuffed with semi-dried tomatoes, pecorion and pine nuts, served with basil pesto ($30). This he commented was good. For main course I had the Medaglione di vitello al prosciutto - Prosciutto wrapped medallion of milk-fed veal tenderloin with potato puree, asparagus, fricassee of morel and Madeira sauce ($52). The meat was very tender and a joy to eat. My husband opted for the Branzino scottato - Pan fried seabass with thyme scented spring vegetables, cauliflower puree and Champagne foam which he enjoyed thoroughly. Two of our friends had pistachio crusted lamb which they said was very good. However, another who selected the steak was left rather disappointed as it was overdone and not as tender as it should have been. For dessert we shared a sort og mango tart with coconut ice cream and pineapple puree and it was 'buonissimo'. Overall it was a lovely evening out although the prices are steep here. With Bay@5 a stone's throw away, it is a beautiful place to enjoy the night view before or after dinner. We stood out at the open space admiring the clear, star-studded night, caressed by wafts of cool breezes. Veramente la dolce vita!

• Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“The best hospitality !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

Before i describe anything i would like to tell you that this restaurant has defined fine dining for me and the standards they set with their hospitality i doubt any restaurant can beat.

My husband took me here as a surprise for my birthday. To begin with my husband dropped them a mail and their response was prompt and they also mentioned to him that they would arrange a complimentary cake for me. When we arrived at the restaurant, they had reserved 2 tables (one inside and one outside) since the weather was unpredictable which was very thoughtful. We chose to sit outside by the pool. Unlike most of the restaurants/clubs by the pool, this one was very quiet and romantic. We could hear the water trickling in the pool and the view of marina bay sands was great. The lighting was just perfect.
The best part of this restaurant was its service. The person serving us was Rhea and she made our evening ! The drink and food suggestions were perfect.She even told us we could choose half portions of main course and try different dishes. She made sure we were very well taken care of. She gave us our space at the same time even cared to converse with my husband while i was off to the restroom. She made us feel like we were royalty.
The food was very nice . Presentation and flavors were great. We were also given complimentary cold soup and chabata bread with dips. The drinks were also perfect and worth every penny.
Now comes the best part. After dinner Rhea gave us a complimentary Singapore sling . Then when we were waiting for the bill three of them came with a cake singing happy birthday , and made my husband give me a rose . They stood there till i made a wish, blew the candle and cut the cake. This was really wonderful. We were really full by the time we had the cake and then came 2 chocolates too!!! this restaurant gives more than you can expect. It was a great birthday for me and my husband was very glad about booking this .
The price is definitely worth it and for the first time in Singapore we felt the need to tip someone

• Visited June 2014