“Nice Italian restaurant in a quiet neighbourhood”

Pasta Brava Italian Restaurant
Ranked #235 of 11,869 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Authentic italian restaurant since 1991. Home cooked with freshest and imported ingredients from Italy and Europe. Our price for both food and wine is the most reasonable in Singapore . Great for Family, friendship Gathering... corporate or private event especially on 2nd level. Full of antiques and art decor ..your Italian Home in Singapore is Pasta Brava. Very reasonable prices for food & wines. Handcrafted fresh pasta, imported fresh ingredients and seafood, Meats from Italy, Canada, Norway And Australia.
Reviewed December 15, 2012

It's a gem in the city with good food and pleasant service. The menu is very authentic and pasta food well prepared. You do need to make reservations because it's full house almost every day!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Pasta Brava is a mainstay of the Singaporean restaurant scene and it's easy to see why. It's a comfy Italian restaurant with good, reliable food, a menu with something for everyone, good, friendly, efficient service and wine that comes in a carafe.

It serves as a date night, family get together, a casual business meeting or just some friends getting together for a good meal.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

The restaurant is located along a row of old shop-houses. It is a pretty nice and quiet location. Once you enter, it gives you a rustic and charming feeling. I was given a seat in a corner. Their soup of the day was sold out so quickly which is surprising cos I was there at 7pm and the restaurant is still not a lot of people. Either they cook a little and is so nice or it is not nice or they did not cook at all. Any way, I ordered

1. Cream of mushroom Soup: Not bad but a bit different from what I usually have. The mushroom taste is not as rich,

2 Seafood Pasta Main. There are some wine in it and it tastes pretty good. But I feel the spaghetti is a bit hard. Like under cook. But my friend loves it.

3. Sauteed prawns Appetizer. The prawns are very chewy and fresh. The sauce is creamy and nice!

4. Chocolate lava Dessert: It is very sweet and sinful. The chocolate oozes out when you cut something like a doughnut sponge cake. Nice!

The services is pretty good. The waiter and waitress fill up you drinks without asking. Help you to open the door when you leaving. Food is served fast.

Just got a small little incident. I booked 630pm but expected to late. So we quickly called up to change to 645pm. The person on the other side said no problem. Still we were late and reached about 6.55pm. Told the person at the counter and she said:"We can only hold your table for 15mins" (referring to our 6.30pm booking). Sort of telling us to leave. Any way, managed to solve the issue. After eating, I understand why the lady can be so cocky. Cos it is full house when I stayed till about 8+pm. So it does not matter for her if I cannot eat there cos any way there will be stream of ppl coming in.

Overall nice place.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

The place is charming, good for a date, with charisma,... The food is good at times, depending on what you order. The service is very good and plesant.
For example, some starters are bit oily heavy, some re good. The prawns with garlic slice are nice indeed, especially the sauce,... The calamari fritti are oily,...
Main pasta dishes are also slightly disappointing. The vongole spaghetti is greasy and not tasty. Other pasta dishes we tried were so so, including their home mada pasta.
Dessert was really good, we ordered tiramisu. It was smooth and fresh, well done.
Over all it is not that fantastic experience because of the quality of the cooked dishes. It is a shame, as the place deserves a visit. I propose you get there and feel more lucky with food that I did, and enjoy the atmosphere!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My partner and I had decided to checkout the Tanjong Paga area of Singapore for dinner - we hadn't really visited the area before. We had a walk around all the quaint shops and restaurants and decided we liked the look of Pasta Brava. It was around 7.15 on a weekday evening and the restaurant was already busy but had some free tables. When we went in however we were advised that all the tables were already booked! The waitress seeing our disappointment asked if we would like to sit in one of the few tables outside, although not ideal as on the pavement we said yes. I was sort of expecting a second class service sitting outside - how wrong I was. The table was quickly made up, drinks order taken and menu's provided. The service was exceptionally good through the whole meal with just the right time between courses. We had the tomato bruschetta followed by pumpkin pasta and lamb chops - all absolutely fabulous. We were so impressed with the service and the food this will become a regular for us - we will be organised and book next time so that we can enjoy the ambience inside! No wonder you have to book to come here clearly they have masses of repeat business they are so good.

1  Thank Debbie R