Lowest prices for your stay
$74
$46
CheapTickets$74
Travelocity$74
Orbitz.com$74
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 1, 2012

It was the people we shared with that seriously, left us tearing our hair out. Making phone calls- i kid you not - AT 4AM, in the room!!!

We stayed in a large capacity room, I think maybe 12 beds? It was just about bearable for the amount of beds, if the room had been full it probably would have been a nightmare dodging bags.
We only had maybe 5/6 people including us two so was manageable.Beds were fine, lockers were decent size, breakfast was basic but same as most places to be honest :)
Staff were nice enough, although surprisingly didn't speak that good English (not knocking that at all, I was just surprised for SG).

Bathrooms were the let down here- a terrible, communal mess. I'm sure it was just because of a few individuals, but they were grim. Also the air-con was utterly freezing in our room- I can imagine with 12 people it would be needed, but they obviously don't change it so it takes getting used to!

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This place has attracted a lot of negative ratings, but we were satisfied enough for the price. Singapore simply isn't cheap now: if you want a cheap Asian holiday, try Malaysia, Vietnam or Thailand away from the beaches.

In terms of what you get, the room is extremely small- we agree they are too small. But we would prefer our own room rather than two dorm beds in a hostel, and that is the only cheaper real option in the Island City. On the plus side, the water is hot, the AC is cool, the rooms are clean, the service is good and the breakfasts were fair to average. We found it a reasonable budget option.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank camsean
Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Room was clean everyday (we stayed for 3 days)& the breakfast was good especially nasi lemak.
All the hotel staff was friendly..the recepsionist (name Angel, she was very helpfull..and the other women i forgot the name..she helped us to arranged a van for took us to the airport..it was cheap rather than we took 2 cab . thank you for assist us when we stayed in Trésor Tavern Hotel.

Date of stay: July 2012
Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

I had the displeasure of staying here for 2 nights. There are many reason I disliked this hotel and they are as follows:
1) Rooms are the smallest I have ever seen. I have heard of capsule sized rooms and this is what they should be called not doubles. The double rooms are actually single rooms with a double bed. We had no room for our luggage. Extremely difficult to maneuver in the room. The shower is over the toilet hence why I gave a poor rating for cleanliness.
2) Seeing as it is a single room with a double bed squashed into it, the price is ridiculous. Look for better deals.
3) The location although close enough to the MRT is in a car repair estate. This hotel is not really in Little India as advertised.
4) Breakfast was a waste of time. Cold horrible pancakes which I wondered why they even bother. I have got better in a hostel.
5) Phone in the room didn't work.
6) $100 key deposit which seems a bit excessive.
7) Staff were not that helpful. Our flight was cancelled at the last minute and asked to make a local call but this was too much hassle so we went elsewhere.
*the staff are friendly but the hotel is ridiculous due to the room size.
My advice is look elsewhere, try and book early and if you think of staying here, you are better off staying in a hostel. The owner has a lot of cheek advertising this place as "double room", breakfast included and even as a hotel.

Date of stay: July 2012
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights. This is the hotel not the backpackers which is in a different location. The room is miniscule. When I arrived i had to think how I would open and then be able to accesss my suitcase. Bathroom has a shower hose over the toilet. It's ok as its clean but dont expect to be able to see how you look or get dressed up for the evening! breakfast is included but is really not worth the effort of the staff. Location is good - close to mrt which i used to travel all over singapore.staff nice ( in my experience this was rare in singapore - no one smiles!) This is ok for a budget solo traveller in singapore. Four days far too long here unless you want to spend lots of dollars shopping

Date of stay: June 2012